Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rotatery table

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rotatery table

    Hey guys call me young or lazy but I need some help. Ive gotton lazy I need some help on use and setting up of a rotory table, where can I get this info? I've gotton lazy with CNC and have forgotton alot of the basics. Thanks Tony
    tony

  • #2
    A little more information would help us give you more specific help. What are you trying to do? How are you going to hold your workpiece?

    Comment


    • #3
      Sounds like someone got a new toy and is looking to play with it, but there were no assembly instructions.
      Dave's right. What are you trying to do? As far as mounting, use care so you don't scratch or dent the table. Alignment will depend on your task.

      Comment


      • #4
        Tony

        You have to know the gear ratio of the table to use the indexing plates. These tables are in Machinery's Handbook or Browne & Sharps' indexing books (milling book, gear cutting book, indexing book).

        Also there have been some articles to search for in HSM and MW.

        Hey Neil!

        Nice colour photo's! I was shocked to see them in the last MW. If they were in previous issues I appologies for missing them - I blame my sister's meatloaf for burning my eyes!

        Comment


        • #5
          Okey, Just getting back to basics, I have a real nice rotary table that I've had for years as a matter of fact I recieved it from my grand dad. But anyway a friend of mine needed some shock mounts modified for his pro stock car and I anlmost have to cut a french curve. doing a raised shaft and a reccessed slot. Its just been a long time since I've ever had to set a table up and work of a manual table fixturing isn't a issue its getting everything indicated in to make everthing concentric/realation to this one hole.
          <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dave Opincarne:
          A little more information would help us give you more specific help. What are you trying to do? How are you going to hold your workpiece?</font>
          tony

          Comment


          • #6
            ok ive posted the details
            <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Thrud:
            Tony

            You have to know the gear ratio of the table to use the indexing plates. These tables are in Machinery's Handbook or Browne & Sharps' indexing books (milling book, gear cutting book, indexing book).

            Also there have been some articles to search for in HSM and MW.

            Hey Neil!

            Nice colour photo's! I was shocked to see them in the last MW. If they were in previous issues I appologies for missing them - I blame my sister's meatloaf for burning my eyes!
            </font>
            tony

            Comment


            • #7
              <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TONY R:
              . . . "its getting everything indicated in to make everthing concentric/realation to this one hole." [/B]</font>
              This may be one solution to that of others:
              My MOP is to tap a center block the R/T
              center hole will receive. I use a large
              flat-head allen screw in a tapped hole
              on the edge of the R/T's center mount for
              hold down. The flat-head is chamfered 1/2
              over the R/T surface & 1/2 over this new
              center block. This prevents rotation and pull out of the center block.
              Next:
              Build an expanding arbor that will locate
              the center of your part's hole to the
              center of the R/T vis a vis the installed
              center block. This can be done with mating
              threads or a bolt from within the center hole
              through the installed block and into the
              expanding arbor.
              I use 6 saw slits on the expanding arbor.
              Fit should be to -.0005 or less.
              You can indicate the center of the R/T either
              on a shoulder of the expanding arbor or
              the part itself once it is installed.
              Make the arbor from brass or AL.
              Turn a groove where your slits will stop.
              Use a SHCS of suitable size to apply desired
              torque. Angle of interference should be
              something more than a self locking value.
              Hope I have provided an adequate desciption,
              scott

              Comment

              Working...
              X