anyone have a good design for??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone have a good design for??

A grinding machine tool rest I saw a beauty here a while back I think it was being sold on ebay anyway the more elaborate design the better.Your very bestest pal big Al the taxman's pal,and if you believe that your smoking the wrong tabakAlistair
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

What type of grinding machine do you want the tool rest for.

Comment

Got one for a bench grinder
      Every Mans Work Is A Portrait of Him Self
      http://sites.google.com/site/machinistsite/TWO-BUDDIES
      http://s178.photobucket.com/user/lan...?sort=3&page=1

Comment

Tool Rest?

Alistair,
        Whatcher like squire?
        The one offer the Quorn, the one offer the Stent, the one offer the Kennet, the one offer the Brooks or there is one of an old ME design for a thingy to fit a 6" DE Grinder.

Right then, me old mate. No tartan ones and nothing printed on green paper.
        So, so, so? Tell, me, me, me. Guvnor!

Norm

Comment

Here is a pic of one my wife has at her shop. I have been thinking of duplicating it, more or less. It's for use with a common bench grinder for sharpening drill bits.

Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

no bonnie lads just a twin wheeled bench grinder type Evan I have the full jones and shipman version of that drill grinder.Alistair

Comment

Grinder rests

Alistair,
              Stop being so bloody evasive.
              Do you want something made out of 2x2" best B&Q PAR wiv set of Wilkinsons bits of nuts and bolts?

Got that as well, in fact, I have used a set of these on my Clarkson.

I could send you a set but gave all my green paint to the Irish.

Can you Google Model Engineering Services or HemingwayKits or I could do you a set of Ian Bradley's from the Grinding Machine book?

Norm

Comment

That is the General/Sears drill grinding fixture, they are kind of OK and kind of useless as-is for the original use with a bench grinder. I use one on my KO Lee, but use the table feed and a face wheel for grinding drills with it.

To use effectively on a bench grinder, some sort of fine feed needs to be cobbbled up.

I am looking for a tool rest for a double end carbide tool grinder. I picked up an almost new Jet for $35.00 a while back, it is missing the miter gage, and I have to make one. I'm sort of looking for ideas for something more than the usual one myself.
                Jim H.

Comment

Here's a nice one that Mr. Ishimura did.

http://homepage3.nifty.com/amigos/gr...ing_rest-e.htm

I plan to do one as soon as I get through with his Tilting Angle Table.
                  Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Here is one for doing edged tools like planer knives that my wife's uncle built at their farm shop.

Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Alistair, are you into the Scotch again without letting us have some. 'Tis a bit tight of you lad to not share with your fellow lads here!
                      It's only ink and paper

Comment

There is a big buxom lass 44 " chest not far from my house they say she has whiskey in the breast so Intend to go with Norman next time there is a tasting just to sample the flavour you understand nothing to do with fondling her jugs Alistair

Comment

Mcgyver did one that's posted here somewhere for someone that wants to search. It is similar to the Sears attachment, but more finely made.

Best,

BW
                          ---------------------------------------------------

http://www.cnccookbook.com/index.htm
                          Try G-Wizard Machinist's Calculator for free:
                          http://www.cnccookbook.com/CCGWizard.html

Comment

where is Mcgyver these days? Always enjoy his post.
                            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                            Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

hasn't he run off with Homer's sister in law.

Comment

Working...
                              X