DRO Install on mill/drill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRO Install on mill/drill

Hi I just want to share some pics of my DRO installation, on my Enco mill/drill. I also went with the Meister 3-Axis DRO. I know, I know, it's made in China. But, I needed something that had a larger display. These old eyes ain't what they use to be. Anyway, here's a few shots......

I used some spark plug wire separators, that I got from the junk yard, to bundle the cables.

I just finished cleaning up and repairing a Logan lathe and now, the more I look at these pics, the more I want to paint the mill.....maybe in a couple of months, time to machine some metal....lol

pete

Oh, and here is a pic of my somewhat completed shop.....

The mill and rotary table....Ebay buy me now $125.00
    The Logan 11" lathe ....Free, for helping out a neighbor.
    All the tooling and DRO.....A Fortune !!!!!

pete

Comment

That looks like a really solid way of doing the Y-axis brackets. Nice job!
      ----------
      Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
      Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
      Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
      There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
      Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
      Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Comment

Nice. Good work. Is it the first time you installed and/or use a DRO?

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by spkrman15
          Nice. Good work. Is it the first time you installed and/or use a DRO?

Rob
          Hi Rob, Yes, this is my first time. I never used a DRO. I'm reading the instructions now ...lol. From just messing around with it, such as finding the center of a work piece, I like it already

pete

Comment

You will want one (DRO) on your logan next.
            I gave my Son a Logan model 200 a few years back. He bought a carrage like your's and a import quick change tool post. His claim is it does better work than before. either way I wish he would pick up his old compound carrage cuz I'm tired of moving it and I have to move again the spring.

Scott

Comment

Nice job lookin good I hope you have many years of good fun with it God Bless Alistair
              Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Nice job Twitch! I'm still at the grasshopper level and I find it necessary to salute my betters every now and then. You Da Man!

Better watch out tho. I'm getting with the program!

SP

Comment

Nice setup!

Looks good Pete! I see that you're well organized too. It looks just like my shop--Everything has a place. I just can't seem to find room for that place just yet.

Comment

I'd give my eyeteeth for that DRO! Nice job!
                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                    Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Slowtwitch nice job on the install. I just finished up mounting my Meister BC10 3M DRO on my Enco knee mill. I had it pretty easy because my mill had a Millmate DRO mounted to it before so most of the mounting blocks were already there. I just had to come up with the mounted for the knee axis.
                      Bob
                      Pics of shop and some projects
                      http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y39...achine%20Shop/

Comment

Originally posted by scott96088
                        You will want one (DRO) on your logan next.
                        I gave my Son a Logan model 200 a few years back. He bought a carrage like your's and a import quick change tool post. His claim is it does better work than before. either way I wish he would pick up his old compound carrage cuz I'm tired of moving it and I have to move again the spring.

Scott

Hi Scott,

I'm kinda working on that now

I have the glass scales, but, I don't have the readers. I already cut one to fit the cross slide. I didn't think it would work, cutting the glass and such, but I got it cut.

pete

Comment

Pete, Nice job on the DRO but your shop image gave me a very important idea to ponder. I've been thinking of using some sort of stretched panels (plastic, fabric or whatever) to separate my wood and metal shops. Never gave a thought to shower curtains until now. Of course, frogs and fish would be a giveaway so I need to avoid them Den

Comment

Originally posted by nheng
                            Pete, Nice job on the DRO but your shop image gave me a very important idea to ponder. I've been thinking of using some sort of stretched panels (plastic, fabric or whatever) to separate my wood and metal shops. Never gave a thought to shower curtains until now. Of course, frogs and fish would be a giveaway so I need to avoid them Den
                            Den, the shower curtains work out great. I work with aluminum 99.9 % of the time, so hot pieces of metal aren't a concern. The shower curtain in the pic actually separates my sons workbench from my stuff.

pete

Comment

"shower curtain................."

And here I was thinking you were one of those clean people who have a shower before going in the house.
                              Nice DRO,I'm jealous.
                              Hans

Comment

Working...
                              X