Cross Slide Screw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross Slide Screw

Does someone know what the Thread size of a Clausing 13X36, 1300, Lathe Cross Slide Screw and Nut is. I have a lot of play in my Cross Slide and may have to make a Nut for it.
    The whole is greater then the sum of the parts.

I think they're the same as Atlas--1/2-10 LH.

Forgot to mention: It's acme thread.

Have you tried to adjust it?
    Last edited by CCWKen; 03-16-2007, 10:43 PM.

Comment

My Clausing 6300 is a 1/2" 10 tpi. The screw and nut were both worn out. I got a length of precision acme threaded rod from MSC and made a nut to fit it. I cut off the section with the old threads and silver soldered the new piece in.

Comment

I can see the end of the screw that goes in the taper attachment and it looks larger than 1/2' maybe a 3/4 or 5/8.
        The whole is greater then the sum of the parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Backyard
          I can see the end of the screw that goes in the taper attachment and it looks larger than 1/2' maybe a 3/4 or 5/8.
          Yeah, I was surprised that Mike said his was 1/2". The Clausing 5900 and 6900's have 5/8" x 10 TPI Acme crossfeed screws -- I thought the 6300's
          were the same.

In any event, the 1300 is a whole different animal, so this doesn't help Backyard anyway, but he posted his question on the Clausing lathe group
          yesterday, and probably got a response by now...
          Last edited by lazlo; 03-17-2007, 12:03 PM.
          "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Working...
          X