Clear All

• DICKEYBIRD
    replied
    Will do...thanks fellers!

Leave a comment:

• scott96088
    replied
    Originally posted by Herm Williams
    There should be a"Johnstone Supply" in your area, they will ups one to you. I have used them in Jackson, Ms and San Diego with good results. The only connection I have with Johnstone is as a customer.
    re

Ditto

Scott

Leave a comment:

• Herm Williams
    replied
    There should be a"Johnstone Supply" in your area, they will ups one to you. I have used them in Jackson, Ms and San Diego with good results. The only connection I have with Johnstone is as a customer.
    re

Leave a comment:

• Jim Caudill
    replied
    Check ebay, a number of wholesalers are sell units at attractive prices. One of those house should be able to sell you just the "A" coil.

Leave a comment:

• Mad Scientist
    replied
    Don’t forget to take the official card that shows that you are a genuine certified trained licensed air conditioner repairman. Without it the dealers around here are not allowed to sell you anything! This is to prevent you from releasing Freon in the air and destroying the ozone layer.

It also insures the your friendly conditioner repair man will have plenty of work.

Leave a comment:

• HTRN
    replied
    Check your local HVAC supply house - should be listed in the Yellow pages.

HTRN

Leave a comment:

• DICKEYBIRD
    started a topic OT: Where to find replacement home HVAC A-Coil

OT: Where to find replacement home HVAC A-Coil

that fits correctly and is reasonably priced. It's a York unit.

Mine's been leaking and my original plan was to replace the entire system but a recent downturn in the old bankroll prevents it for now. I've been recharging each summer but friends tell me a new evaporator/A-coil isn't a lot of money, especially if I do it myself. I've been Googling but haven't found one yet.

I went up in the attic this morning to verify that it is leaking and to take measurements of the existing (ratty looking) unit. I took off the data plate with the model/serial numbers as well.

Thanks for looking.
Working...
X