OT . Links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT . Links

I see alot of folks post links to different places. My queston is, how do you change the name and keep the link. I can post the http of my web page but I can't find anywhere to re-name that link to "my web page".
    Thanks
    Bill
    d:^)

Hi Bill,

In the "Post Reply" window, there's a greenish-blue ball with 2 links of a chain in front of it in the row of icons above the text box:

Click on that link, and a popup will show that allows you to enter the URL of the link. Then hit "OK," and a second popup will show
    that allows you to enter the name of the link. Hit "OK" a second time, and you're set.

Robert
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Originally posted by lazlo
      Hi Bill,

In the "Post Reply" window, there's a greenish-blue ball with 2 links of a chain in front of it in the row of icons above the text box:

Click on that link, and a popup will show that allows you to enter the URL of the link. Then hit "OK," and a second popup will show
      that allows you to enter the name of the link. Hit "OK" a second time, and you're set.

Robert
      There is nothing like that in the window on my screen. It must depend on what
      pgm. youre using.
      ...lew...

Comment

Go to User Cp above and then to the edit section you want edit options
        Down the bottom of the window this is what you are looking for:
        Miscellaneous Options
        Message Editor Interface
        When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use all of these options. If you experience problems when posting messages, try switching to a different interface type.
        Message Editor Interface:
        It list a number of different ones Try the standard editor one you are probably in basic
        Glen
        Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
        I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
        All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

I have tried both standard and the bottom editor and no second box comes up. I can't find anywhere to put a name to a post.
          Having color to the print is nice though.

Comment

If you are having trouble try the hard way !
            type (no spaces except maybe after the short name) - open square bracket URL=http etc etc, close square bracket, type the short name, type open square bracket /URL close square bracket.
            Hopefully this link is to my web site.
            Mark
            What you say & what people hear is not always the same thing.
            www.remark.me.uk

Comment

My Web Page
              I finally got it, Thanks for everyone's help !!

Comment

Working...
              X