Thanks to HSM members!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to HSM members!!

After Grizzly was unable (didn't want to?) help me to find a new housing for my broken Grizzly mill power feed, HSM members came to the rescue. From the leads provided by members I was able to find another company that could (and did) provide the replacement for the broken housing. It was such an exact match, that the mold serial number was the same on the inside of the broken andf replacement housing. My power feed in now back in working order! Thanks again to all of the HSM members who made it possible.

Bill
    Bill

Being ROAD KILL on the Information Super Highway and Electronically Challenged really SUCKS!!

Every problem can be solved through the proper application of explosives, duct tape, teflon, WD-40, or any combo of the aforementioned items.

So just curious, who was the supplier that could get you the part?
    Share the wealth....

cheers!
    rock-
    Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

Comment

Supplier

I got the replacement housing from Bestline Products, Inc. in Cerritos, Calif. Phone Number of 562-809-5228, FAX 562-809-3119 and Website of www.bestlinepro.com

Bill
      Bill

Being ROAD KILL on the Information Super Highway and Electronically Challenged really SUCKS!!

Every problem can be solved through the proper application of explosives, duct tape, teflon, WD-40, or any combo of the aforementioned items.

Comment

Well, there is no bargains there,I see.

Comment

How Much?

How much did the replacement part from Bestline cost, compared to what Grizzly wanted for the entire unit...weren't they asking well over $400.00?

Comment

Cost of new vs. replacement

Grizzly wanted $420 plus shipping for a whole new complete unit. The replacement housing from Bestline was $75, shipped to my door. For the $75, I now have a working power feed unit. If had had looked longer, perhaps I might have found one cheaper but at this point I wasn't going to quibble over a few dollars to be able to get my unit back into working order.

Bill
            Bill

Comment

Good deal!

Comment

Isn't it nice having such a helpfull group to lean on.

It has always upset me that manufacturer's charge way more for replacement parts than is reasonable. I can understand an extra charge if they have to tool up to make a part but some of the prices for current production stuff is unreal or the refusal to make parts at all. It's just greed and the throw away attitude in spades.
                It's only ink and paper

Comment

Grizzly will only get themselves a bad name treating good honest folk like this, shame on them . I am glad you searched further and got sorted out at the right price good luck Alistair
                  Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Working...
                  X