Anuglar bearings ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anuglar bearings ???

OKy so im at the stage now in my cnc mill drill that i need to get some angular contact bearings ..BUt where sdp-si dont have ..em..
    They need to be 1 1/4 o.d and 1\2 inch i.d
    thanks oh and i live in canada so i dont know if they ship up here

You might try here: http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/CTGY/ANGULAR_CONTACT

The problem is that you may have to go metric -- 12x32 or open the wallet very wide.

Forgot to mention- Did you check bearing specs before designing your size?
    Last edited by CCWKen; 04-11-2007, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CCWKen
      The problem is that you may have to go metric
      I don't think I've ever seen an inch angular contact bearing (or a metric tapered roller bearing).
      "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

I just got some in metric sizes from:

http://stores.ebay.com/BEARING-BARGAINS

Comment

Or try here.........

http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/CTGY/ANGULAR_CONTACT
          If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something........

Comment

imo you are making things tough on yourself by wanting imperial bearings. Mostly, bearings are metric sized. take apart a 50 year old machine made in an imperial country and dollars to donuts the bearings are metric. Before I get bombarded with a million and one exceptions to this generalization, my point is if you convert your design to the nearest metric size the bearings should be easy to come by. for example a 7201 bearing is 32x12 mm, close to what you want and common as can be. any supplier of bearings will have them. now you've got to figure out what class, preload etc .

if you must have imperial, contact a manufacturer (skf lists them for example) and ask for the nearest distributor to you
            Last edited by Mcgyver; 04-11-2007, 09:26 AM.

Comment

I just noticed Kens site and mine are the same. I've gotten some of the enclosed type angulars from them and while I dont strain them in my HSM setting, they seem to be quite nice bearings. Hey!, Im thinking if a bearing will hold up to a teenager on a skateboard or inlines, then its pretty tuff!!

Oh, and Mcgyver----for sure!! I recently was talking to my bearing supply guy and said a bearing was "about 3/4", and he said "do you mean for real, or is that an estimate" and we launched into a brief imperial/metric discussion. Him talking about how relatively few imperial sizes are shown in the offerings, etc. You can get a good idea of how few by looking thru one of the web sites like those shown above.

I've only fairly recently became aware of this disparity myself, as I began to get into this HSM stuff and needing the occasional bearings, and finding so little imperial sizes offered. Easy enough to change your thinking tho... like your pointing out that 7201 size, there are lots of other ones------
              Last edited by Bill Pace; 04-11-2007, 10:30 AM.
              If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something........

Comment

Angular contact bearings

Level Head, what part of Canada are you in. I am in South Western Ontario and have a fairly large selection of most types of bearings as well as spindle bearings. What speeds are you looking at, is the spindle belt drive, gear drive or direct coupled to the motor. Give us an idea of what you expect the spindle to be able to do in the way of accuracy of the part you want to machine with it.

Ed
                Ceramic in a ball bearing means speed.

Comment

Here are the standard sizes and specs for angular contact bearings in the size range you need.

As for where to buy you can get them from BC Bearing:

http://www.bcbearing.com/canadian_pr..._locations.htm

Or Bearing and Transmission Canada

http://www.bandt.com/Default.htm
                  Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
                    Here are the standard sizes and specs for angular contact bearings in the size range you need.
                    Exactly -- like I said, there's no such thing as an inch angular contact bearing. The closest thing to his design is a 7206, which has a 30mm OD.

If he really wants inch measurements, he should use tapered roller bearings (which only come in imperial sizes).
                    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Originally posted by Mcgyver
                      you are making things tough on yourself by wanting imperial bearings. Mostly, bearings are metric sized.
                      Agree with Mcgyver's recommendation. Most bearings are metric sizes, with the notable exception of the old (pre 1960's) electric motor bearings (like the 1600 series), and tapered roller bearings.

Comment

Originally posted by lazlo
                        Exactly -- like I said, there's no such thing as an inch angular contact bearing. The closest thing to his design is a 7206, which has a 30mm
                        i believe the closest one will be 7201 - 12x32x10. 7206 is 30x62x16 (inner x outer x height)

Comment

Lazlo, if you look in the FAG, SKF, NSK,KOYO,NTN & Timken, they all make make taper roller bearings in metric dimensions. Only the Timken metric bearings are not made to the ISO standard dimension system.

Ed
                          Ceramic in a ball bearing means speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Miles
                            Lazlo, if you look in the FAG, SKF, NSK,KOYO,NTN & Timken, they all make make taper roller bearings in metric dimensions.
                            Huh, I didn't know that -- thanks Ed. I didn't realize that anyone was still mass producing Tapered Roller bearings.

I was looking for a set of Class 3 Timkens for my Millrite (the Tapered Roller Bearing equivalent of ABEC-7), and the local bearing distributor had to call Timken direct, and they only make tapered roller bearings by special order now. So a set of two cups and cones was $357 (!) I only paid $1250 for the mill, so that didn't seem very cost effective

Ebay to the rescue -- I picked up a lot of 5 sets of Class 3 cups and cones for $90.

Comment

I didn't realize that anyone was still mass producing Tapered Roller bearings.
                              Huh? What about all those wheel bearings out there?

http://www.ntn.ca/trailerwheel_bearings.htm
                              Last edited by Evan; 04-11-2007, 03:33 PM.
                              Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Working...
                              X