Circular Wood Clamp Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circular Wood Clamp Storage

Any one seen a rotating type circular wood clamp holser for long wood pipe clamps?? Space saving considerations here.I been looking through the intnet but no such luck yet. Thanx

I just hang mine in rifle style on the wall. Make sure you can get to them post-haste as one frequently has to make the mad dash to get another clamp on! Glue up are my most tense moments in the shop
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

I store mine by clamping them to a ceiling joist.
      ----------
      Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
      Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
      Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
      There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
      Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
      Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Comment

Most of the type you are talking about. Start out with a old rim/wheel can be filled with cement of weight if you have a lot of clamps of differing lengths. The center section is a pipe/fence post works. Then you form the rings around the post with arms angle section s of flat stock other pipe ect. you just have to have the number of rings for the longest pipeclams you use.

I have mine hanging from a pipe bolted to 2 heavy duty shelf brackets from the floor beam for the 2nd floor in the shop. The celings are 10feet high. If you also look at the bottom of the joist to the right back of the picture you can make out some duct hanger strips that I srew into the joinst for long storage of wood, plastic ect. I also put the real long clams that I don't use often in between the joists.
        You are talking about the caruosels that many smith'ys have that their hammers hang from.
        Glen
        Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
        I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
        All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

Buy the way you can do the same thing out of wood and use a lazy Suzy type bearing to make it spin.
          Glen
          Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
          I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
          All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

clamprack

My old vertical storage rack was pretty much 4 long skinny boxes screwed together with a pipe through the center (end on looked like a swastika) gives four seperate storage areas that can be divided for smaller bits.

mine was 12 feet tall and used 3/4 ton truck hubs but can be scaled down easily unless you use realy big clamps!

can be left open, or enclosed as mine were in a closet for looks.

current shop only has 7ft ceilings, and is very small (16 x 19) so I have to re-think a lot of storage, thinking of building several for fastener, seldom used tool and material storage along one wall. Hate small shops!

Comment

Working...
            X