OT: Spelling police shirk duty, language deteriorates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Spelling police shirk duty, language deteriorates

Note: They may fix it so I grabbed the above screen shot.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/04/...ness/chips.php
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

I've always enjoyed a fast downlay

John C

Comment

Lakers are real good at --layups.

G

Comment

Dooooohpp, I think some poor slob might just lose his job over that one! and rightfully so...

Comment

Downlaid is fine with me, I do hope they can prolong my battery life though.
          Just got my head together
          now my body's falling apart

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
            Another fine example of the pot calling the kettle black.
            Chuckle.

BTW, they've fixed it now.
            Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware - Tools for People Who Build Things
            http://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Comment

Well, I've asideset my checkspell till they get those bugs fixed.
              "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

That isn't your average typo. I wonder what the person who typed it was thinking about? Maybe they have a new employee in the office?

Comment

My first thought was that it was intentional. But then the i and o are adjacent, and it'd be easy to hit the a before o, which due to misplaced hand would result in i .
                  Regardless, proof reading was a bit deficient. ...tho I shouldn't call the kettle black ...er, make that 'call the grape purple' ...er, whatever!

Comment

It appears the moderator has been active. There are a couple of posts missing. Rightly so for one of them and my reply is gone as it would be hanging with no context.

While we are on the subject of headlines I also stumbled on this one. It seems a perfect inspiration for a Gary Larson cartoon.

Hays said the rapid decline in population does not doom the multimillion-dollar project to return the near-extinct rabbit to its natural environment. More rabbits will be released in the area, and experts are looking for ways to reduce predation.
                    Expensive coyote lunch.
                    Last edited by Evan; 04-12-2007, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Be vewy vewy quiet, we're hunting wabbits, hehehehehehe

You want wabbits? We've got squillions of the furry little bastids!
                      Myxomatosis and calicivirus nothwithstanding, they proliferate.
                      Just got my head together
                      now my body's falling apart

Comment

It appears the moderator has been active. There are a couple of posts missing. Rightly so for one of them and my reply is gone as it would be hanging with no context.
                        Just as well we don't need any IMUS type scandals going on here EH!

Scott

Comment

While we are on the subject of headlines I also stumbled on this one. It seems a perfect inspiration for a Gary Larson cartoon.

Expensive coyote lunch.
                          Puts me in mind of the seal that was rescued from an oil spill, cleaned up and nursed back to health. They ceremoniously released the creature amid great fanfare and press coverage and, I think attendance by a large number of children. The seal swam out into the bay where, in full view of all present, it was promptly snatched and gulped down by an Orca.

Edit: May have been a sea otter.
                          Last edited by Weston Bye; 04-12-2007, 05:03 PM.
                          Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
                          ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

I wonder how they know the little rabbits were eaten? I suspect the first clue is that when the radio transmitter stopped moving it was found in a steaming pile of coyote crap.

Comment

Well, at least it offers a possible clue as to why they're endangered in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                              X