What is this? Tell me and win!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this? Tell me and win!!!!

Ok tell me what this is and there is a Swiss account full of cash.

What is this.

Hint.. I made it and intend to market it.

Life Is Grand

What is this? Tell me and win!!!!!

Looks to me like a sight pusher. Used to install or adjust the front sight or the rear sight on any number of different firearms.
    If that's not what it is, I bet I could modify it to work that way easily, and it would be a good one judging by the design. I have used similar tools that I bought or built in the 40 years I have been a gunsmith.
    Steve
    Steve
    NRA Life Member

Comment

Looks like a nylon lined, 6 screw self-modulating discombobulator.

Comment

I did not even have the time to go steal someones Swiss account number to give the winner.

Yep.. you are correct. I bought 4 auto's in the last 4 months, 3 Glocks and 1 Ruger and needed something to adjust or replace sights.

I have not seen any except for one in the Blue Press made for Glocks. That sold for 100.00

What have the ones you have seen sold for? I need a feel as I will be bringing this to the CNC shop and have them run a batch for me to sell.

What would you think a fair selling price would be?
        Life Is Grand

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttrack
          Looks like a nylon lined, 6 screw self-modulating discombobulator.
          You would have won the runner up prize but you spelled it wrong!
          Life Is Grand

Comment

A nicely finished table top. Except for the scratch.

Comment

What is this? Tell me and win!!!

What's a fair price? Whatever the market will bear. Figure out what you want per hour to make them, plus the materials cost, and then double it. That will get you started. Here's what the competition sells for.
              Brownells, the Gunsmithing Supply house, sells several different models. Prices range from about $22 for a SKS/AK47 sight adjuster (a hammer is cheaper!)on to $60 for a Williams Front sight pusher, through that Trijicon for the Glocks at $110 , a P500 Universal model for $130 and all the way up to the top of the line Meprolight at $590. Your design looks like it incorporates the best features of the Williams and the Meprolight. Should sell well at say, $150 to $200. Make up a few and take them to the local gun shows, that should give you a idea as to the viability of manufacturing and selling them. If it doesn't infringe on anyone else's patent, apply for the patent, once you get it, look for someone to make them in volume for you. If it makes you filthy rich though, you have to come to Nevada and shoot some trap/skeet/sporting clays and such with me though, for correctly ID'ing it!

Steve
              Steve
              NRA Life Member

Comment

I didn't know what it was but I wanted one right away. It is a gizmo...I like gizmos of all kinds.
                Could I store it in a coffee can? Would it adjust a coffee can?
                Kidding...good job. Hope it works out as a viable deal for you.
                Russ
                I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

What is this? Tell me and win!!!!

Did I mention that YOU will be paying for the clays and the shells though? After all, you're the filthy rich one here!
                  Steve
                  NRA Life Member

Comment

Steve..just picked up a Browning Gold clays 12ga. Bought it used but looks and functions like new. Brought my hit rate up a ton. I was shooting a Fausti over and under and could not hit a hurricane if I tried. The Browning is a quality gun IMHO.. and I am not a pro so that tells that story.

I would love to come to shoot you... I mean shoot clays. I will bring some of my special reloads. Sorta like mystery metal, you don't know what you got till you pull the trigger!

Thanks for the ideas of marketing. I already have a shop to bang them out for me. I have been working hard prototyping as I am trying to get a cash flow from the machines in my shop. 150.00 a pop would pay for a few clays. Although I rather use the dead birds I pick up throughout the year. Just toss them and shoot. More fun than a barrel of maggots in the middle of August.

torker...seems these now retail for $150.00 kinda expensive to open a coffe can although you could program this to do that. What you guys did not see is the mini micro processor in the knurled knob that adjusts so you can use this for anything. Geez now it cost $590.00. If I keep going I won't need to sell them anymore as I will be rich.

Good Ole USA
                    Life Is Grand

Comment

Originally posted by cybor462
                      If I keep going I won't need to sell them anymore as I will be rich.
                      You could donate your milling machine to my shop then!
                      "There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton

http://www.flowbenchtech.com

Comment

RetiredFAE, would you happen to be the Steve Acker who writes the gunsmithing articles in HSM and MW?

Comment

Originally posted by cybor462
                          Ok tell me what this is and there is a Swiss account full of cash.
                          Well phrased! And you are right, there are a lot of Swiss accounts full of cash but you forgot the "in it for you" part
                          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                          Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Well

If youre close enough you dont need sights. zPoint and fire repeatedly till magazine empty/ There you go. Oh wherever you go thats where you are i been told.

Comment

Nope, sorry, I'm not Steve Acker. Probably don't have his skills in addition to not having his name either! I learned the trade the old fashioned way, started working in a gunshop 2 blocks from home when I was 8, sweeping up. By the time two months had passed, the two old 'smiths who owned the place started teaching me the trade. One was a retired Master Tool and Die maker, the other was a 5th generation gunsmith. Both were in their 60's when I started there. By the time I was 12 I was allowed to do most any repair that came in, and by 16 I was building custom firearms from scratch. Not that I am any good, just well trained is all!
                              At their insistance I went to college, got a degree in Mechanical Engineering, and one in Electronics. Worked at that for 30 years, but also owned a gunshop for 30 years at the same time. Employed a full time gunsmith, I did the overflow repairs and custom work at night when I got home from the day job. Retired 2 years ago, just spend all my time shooting now, its a great life (retirement I mean) and I highly recommend it!
                              Steve
                              NRA Life Member

Comment

Working...
                              X