Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos

I posted a few random photos just to try out this system. It seems like an easy way to do this. I think dial-up will have no problem. If you like, let me know how it works.

Thanks, Jim

http://picasaweb.google.com/shopm8/M...48356234880594
    Jim

Pix came up fine, were well focused and exposed. Formidable steady rest
    you have there and very nicely used.
    Steve

Comment

Nice job with the pictures and very nice machine work.

Comment

Must be a joke, right? After waiting two minutes for it to load, this is what I got.

Comment

Ken
          Sorry it didn't work out for you. No it is not a joke. I put it there as a test of how well it might work. It comes up fine each time I try it. The first two hits seem to have come up OK. You might try it again and let me know the results.
          A friend of mine using Mac seemed to also have a problem.

Thanks for input so far, this is what I wished to determine.

Jim
          Jim

Comment

i thought about trueing my chuck this way, but did not know if this was a good way or not. looks like you have a washer in the back of the chuck. do you have to true up the washer first or just need the jaw set firmly on something?

Comment

oh and the picture came up fine

Comment

Ken, that photo was not finished downloading. It basically downloads incrementally. That way you see it all fairly quickly but badly dithered, then it gets more and more detail over a period of time. Otherwise you get that effect of drawing slowly from the top to the bottom. Theoretically the total time till done should be about the same. But looks like yours stopped only part way through for some reason.
                Russ
                Master Floor Sweeper

Comment

posting pics using photobucket is easy, Does anyone else use this method ?

Comment

Nice pics, & I like the tool grinder idea. More info?
                    Ron in CO...

Comment

Came up fine here. Coupla seconds on DSL.
                      Just got my head together
                      now my body's falling apart

Comment

The grinder lash-up photo I used on the chuck was posted because it is the only one to show the sparks clearly. I took it during a pass. The washer simply holds the jaws steady against the scroll. Many, many very small passes.
                        The tool grinder using my recently acquired HF grinder and a cheap X-Y table is still being developed. The X motion is given with the black-ball handle. The tool holder shown will do a 60 deg. right on thread cutting point. This is one of those projects that will never be "finished", but refined more and more as the need arises.
                        So far only two "hits" not coming up well is encouraging.
                        Thanks again for the feed-back.

Jim
                        Jim

Comment

jim, nice work.
                          great photos too.

quick question. last picture, milling the gear.. how is
                          the gear fixed to that arbor? tapered?

-tony

Comment

The pix come out really fine here,----I get the sparks off the grinder very sharp, and it takes maybe ....2-4secs to load?
                            What are you after,--- looking at an alternate to Bucket,-- has it maybe got some better features than bucket? I'm all for making life simpler......
                            If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something........

Comment

The photo comes up fine here, looks good and is appropriately sized in terms of file size.
                              Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Working...
                              X