Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for chrome acorn nuts?

Hey guys -

I'm working on a project for my dad's harley and i'd like to find some chrome plated 1/4" -20 acorn nuts. If anyone knows of a good cheap source for like 4-5 of them, that would be awsome! I don't mind buying ten even but a pack of 100 is a bit much.

A nice nickel plating would be ok too i think - i just want them to look really nice and finished. None of those crumby acorn nuts they sell at the hardware. I've found some in a motorcycle catalogue but they were like 1.20 each and i was hoping you guys knew where to get a good deal on these things. I only need four, but it never hurts to have a few extras! (just not 96 extras... )

Last time I had the need, I just picked up some in SS from Home Depot and buffed them.

Comment

http://www.boltdepot.com/Chrome-nuts-and-bolts.aspx
      "The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the greatest liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth." H. L. Mencken

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

"When fear rules, reason and logic are ruled out."

Comment

Chrome squirrels..

Or try Summit Racing or Jegs.

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttrack
          Hey guys -

I'm working on a project for my dad's harley and i'd like to find some chrome plated 1/4" -20 acorn nuts. If anyone knows of a good cheap source for like 4-5 of them, that would be awsome! I don't mind buying ten even but a pack of 100 is a bit much.

A nice nickel plating would be ok too i think - i just want them to look really nice and finished. None of those crumby acorn nuts they sell at the hardware. I've found some in a motorcycle catalogue but they were like 1.20 each and i was hoping you guys knew where to get a good deal on these things. I only need four, but it never hurts to have a few extras! (just not 96 extras... )

Pm me your address I'll mail you a handfull for free

Scott

Comment

Most larger Ace Hardware stores carry them, along with a fair selection of other chrome fasteners. You'll ant oneof their strore with a full range of fasteners.

Steve

Comment

Motorcycle shop.
              Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Joel beat me to it. SS will polish up like chrome and will last longer than the chrome nuts. Since Scott already pitched in, I'll put my SS nuts back in the cabinet. As I recall, they weren't the "accorn" style nuts anyway.

Comment

Since CCWKen mentioned it, I prefer to use SS nylocks on exposed bolts where looks are important.

They do buff up nicely and there are never issues about thread length in the acorn.

They also have that industrial badass look rather than the "look how much chrome I can buy" look.

...before the flaming starts, I am not criticising Fasttracks chrome nuts; I think what he is doing is admirable. I raised 4 daughters and the only thing they wanted to do with the Harleys was parade their boyfriends by them.

Comment

I usually get them at OSH (Orchard Supply Hardware) and they come in packs of twoor four, I think. But that is in California. I do not know if they have syores in your area. Good luck. DavidH.
                    DH

Comment

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys! Sorry i didn't get back sooner, i was in springfield. I've been looking for chrome squirrels but i haven't had any luck. I've seen a few grey ones and thats it...

Comment

They sell them at the Harley shop . In packages of 5are 6 . I have bought them their .
                        Every Mans Work Is A Portrait of Him Self
                        http://sites.google.com/site/machinistsite/TWO-BUDDIES
                        http://s178.photobucket.com/user/lan...?sort=3&page=1

Comment

sorry posted twice
                          Every Mans Work Is A Portrait of Him Self
                          http://sites.google.com/site/machinistsite/TWO-BUDDIES
                          http://s178.photobucket.com/user/lan...?sort=3&page=1

Comment

FYI, The wife and I were at Menards today. They sell them four in a pkg for
                            either .69 or .99 Paul
                            "The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the greatest liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth." H. L. Mencken

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

"When fear rules, reason and logic are ruled out."

Comment

Working...
                            X