Alternate uses for mouse pads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternate uses for mouse pads?

I've got a box of old mouse pads (new but wrong company logos) at my disposal, and am looking for clever uses for them. They're the neoprene ones with a cloth face and rubbery underside.

I thought of a few....

- Quick knee pad for kneeling on concrete shop floor (glue two together for thicker pad)
    - Glue two face to face to create a thick, non skid pad for sanding/routing
    - Use for padding delicate/painted surfaces during transportation.

Anyone have any more??
    Mike P
    1919 13" South Bend Lathe
    1942 Bridgeport M-head Mill

they make a great base for sharpening knives using high grit sandpaper. Not a solution, but another use.

Comment

I use them as battery pads in motorcycles. They work great and can easily be cut to size.
      Robert
      grumpy old fart
      www.wirewerkes.com

Comment

Warm comfy beds for lil orphan rodents?
        Just got my head together
        now my body's falling apart

Comment

Jar openers, or you could use them as Mouse pads.

Comment

Smallbore targets?

Comment

I've got a few coasters here on my desk made from a mouse pad. Works really well. They soak right through, which might not be good for a wood desk, but is fine on the Formica on my desk. Keeps the condensation from the glass from running all over.

Scott

Comment

recoil absorbers

Folded in half and taped into a shooting vest they make great bigbore recoil pads. Makes a shoulder happy they do.
                Ignorance is curable through education.

Comment

What about tool storage?

Not sure how easy it would be to cut out some shapes but with no-slip bottom and the neoprene core they might make pretty nice holder/organizers for precision measuring equipment and other odds and ends. You could even cut one all the way through with an exacto knife in the shape of the tool and then glue it to an intact pad so you've got a holder with a bottom.

Comment

Anti-vibration
                    Anti-squeak (put them between boards in a joint)
                    Sew them into an apron for extra protection from flying objects
                    MarkT

Comment

STitch/glue em all together and make a wetsuit?

Comment

Saw where Sheryl Crow was calling for a federal law to restrict toilet paper use to one sheet.Might want to keep them in the crapper in case it passes.

Comment

They're good for keeping sharpening stones from shifting around..

HTRN
                          EGO partum , proinde EGO sum

Comment

Insoles for shoes.
                            I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

The pad on my palm sander (bought used...) had a spot of wear and was disintegrating. Made a new pad out of mousepad rubber (seems almost exactly the same to look at it), glued with contact cement and it works fine. Great for any abrasive backing where you want some cushion.
                              Largest resource on the web for Taig lathes and milling machines, www.cartertools.com

Comment

Working...
                              X