rebuilding my midstairs bathroom problem with electric shower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rebuilding my midstairs bathroom problem with electric shower

HI I have just fitted an electric shower galaxy 4000 its all plumbed in but lights up low pressure does this mean it will have to hang on the wall for appearance sake or can it be fitted as I have been told with another valve to accept low pressure which we have on our cold system kindest regards to my best pals.Alistair ebay 120113672505
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

put a shilling in it then see what happens.

Comment

Alistair,

Looking at the blurb, it needs a minimum of 15 psi (1 bar) mains pressure. Surely you’ve got that, unless you live on top of a hill?

Does the shower (a) not start, or (b) does it start then cut out on low pressure?
      If (a), then either your mains pressure is too low (or you’re taking your supply off a header tank rather than from the mains).
      If (b), then there’s a restriction somewhere in the supply, e.g. valve not fully open.

If neither of the above, then the pressure switch might be faulty.

If the mains pressure is genuinely too low, than you might need to install a shower booster pump (from £100). You can also get electric showers with built-in pumps, but they are more than £100.

Good luck.

Comment

Hi no header tank just direct mains pressure but our house is quite high up a hill and has not great pressure it won't let water out if I set it to cold then it does not show light warning of low pressure but any others do i.e. mild hot etc the water just about reaches the rose head and no more so something is not allowing it through I thought an inbuilt safety switch might not come on if the pressure is too low to prevent scalding etc.Alistair

Comment

Hey Alistair, spotted you on youtube. Cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ok7TACNSDY
          Gene

Comment

oh no he's far too sophisticated and good looking for to be me good try though he's east coast Aberdeen area accent thanks for thinking of me though Alistair

Comment

Hmmm. Check the mains stop cock is fully open, and that the ball valve in the shower supply (if fitted) is fully open. The cheap little ones are rather reatrictive, anyway.

Check the operating instructions to see if it has a fine filter on the inlet (There's one on my Mira, inside the box of wonders. Also on mine there's a priming valve on top of the solenoid valve which MUST be pressed a couple of times during commissioning, to get rid of any air).

PS: I didn't realise you were in Aberdeen. You might have the special 'Landlord's' model which only emits cold water
              Last edited by Asquith; 05-13-2007, 07:13 PM.

Comment

No I am in Argyll my twin brother in the youtube comes from Aberdeen area.He's the good looking, talented, suave, sopisticated, debonaire ,one in the family anyway I am going to strip it down tomorrow and see if the feed pipes got a blockage thanks guys Alistair ps my brother in Aberdeen could do with a blockage

Comment

Sounds like what Alistair needs it the Commando 450.

HTRN
                  EGO partum , proinde EGO sum

Comment

I have a feeling with the commander 450 the low pressure light would not come on so I'll take one Alistair

Comment

Working...
                    X