OT Computer Trouble.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Computer Trouble.

My Internet Explorer won't work.All I get is page can't be displayed......I went back a month and it still does the same thing..Anyone know a answer for this....

One thing which comes to mind is...reinstall Internet Explorer if you have it on a CD or disk so that you can. Then, once you have internet access again, downolad and install Foxfire. Belt & suspenders man I am. Charles

Comment

Don't wish to sound pedantic, railfan, but that could cause some confusion.
      Mozilla Firefox is what's needed.
      Just got my head together
      now my body's falling apart

Comment

I've learned to google any problem I'm having with great success. You may have to reword it a little like, page cannot be displayed IE, there are so many out there whom understand these contraptions and love to tell the unknowing public. good luck, btw i have IE and MFirefox and Opera, so one always seems to work.

Comment

If this is a problem on every page you visit it sound more like a DNS problem. You can test this by trying to visit http://69.223.24.78/ which is the bbs. No DNS lookup is required, so if it comes up it would strongly suggest your DNS name server is misconfigured or is broken.

Comment

Thanks for the answers you gave,I formatted the hard rive and done a fresh install.That took care of a bunch of things that were going on.....

Comment

If you use xp, google on 'repairing xp' sans quotes
              and go to one or more of the links, microsofts will
              do, and absorb the directions for doing self repairs
              on xp debacles. By learning about restore points,
              and the F8 approach, one can sometimes recover
              from software mishaps without a full format and
              restore. Full format and reinstall will definitively
              work but if that route is taken it is best to
              segregate the OS in its own partition, programs
              in another and data in a third to simplify the process.
              Makes backups easier as well. An external HD for
              data is another approach.
              Steve

Comment

Originally posted by 7018
                Thanks for the answers you gave,I formatted the hard rive and done a fresh install.That took care of a bunch of things that were going on.....

That is akin to rebuilding your engine because you have a stone in your tire.
                Reformatting and reinstalling works but is seldom necessary.

Comment

It really was necessary this time because I had done a up grade.So this time I did a clean install of XP,Works a lot better now.....

Comment

Working...
                  X