Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The purse - yours or the "roo's"?

Originally posted by TGTool
    Well, I'll be!! Sure contradicts the old aphorism that a silk purse can't be made from a sow's ear. Not trying to call you a silk purse, mind you.
    If you want to mix hunting an' purses as prizes - come to Australia - yours could end up like this - 'coz the kangaroo might win - coz "Google" sed so (sort of) - an' if its on Google its true!!!

http://www.australiagift.com/sale/scrotum_1.htm

Some interesting ways to display and use it too.

When you leave here - check your baggage OUT!! (Sorry)

Maybe that pig is not so bad a risk after all.

Now how to get this OT back on track?

Must be HSM-related.

OK - ream the 'roo (pre-drilling and counter-boring not required but de-burring is optional) .

Comment

Snopes turns up another, possibly heavier hog, that appears more in perspective size-wise, but with much less publicity flack;

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/bighog.asp

The heaviest recorded domestic hog was Big Bill at 2552# & 9' nose to base of tail in 1933. The owner was Buford Butler of Tennessee.

While height/length calculations might be indicative of weight in a normal, healthy animal, they do not necessarily define it. The world's heaviest man was around 1400#, and the current record holder is around 1225#. There is nothing to indicate they are of any thing but normal height, just obese. It is equally possible for the weight of a hog or other animal to vary significantly due to eating habits or metabolism.

Feral hogs have little to do but forage and fatten up. It is the nature of the beast to continue to grow and increase in weight.

The HIQ (hog in question) is probably legitimate in weight, but might be suffering from some creative tape use and photos. Let them have their fun, it gets them their 15 minutes in a relatively harmless fashion. (Except for the pig, of course.)
      Jim H.

Comment

The world's heaviest man was around 1400#, and the current record holder is around 1225#.
        I bet they can't even stand up much less forage. Humans have a unique ability to have food brought to them so they don't have to find it. A feral animal will not be able to gain that sort of excess weight and still be able to find something to eat so their weight is self limiting.

I have no particular objection to the Peewee and Bubba hog hoax but the original post was "hoax or not?" so I have taken a position and wasted a few minutes of my life defending it. Beats TV, at least this is interactive.
        Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
          I have taken a position and wasted a few minutes of my life defending it. Beats TV, at least this is interactive.
          Nope it's the same as TV,

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

You've all failed the test...
            The text reads, Ten feet from hoof to snout.. the hoof is pulled behind the hog at least two or three feet.

Other than that? I was not there.

The last one I shot with the 44, it filled up the bed on the 88 toyota 4wd. Estimated at #400lbs of meat, cleaning it did away with about 1/3+ bodyweight. It was full of pecans, One of the xtp slugs had ripped it from stem to stern. There was pecans about on the ground (passed through the stomach) with chunks of meat as big as your thumbnail. That was a hornady XTP 240 grain bullet hand loaded for the ruger super blackhawk. It also got a round through the lungs and frontal organs as it turned, frothy blood on the side of the trail as it was bubbling out.. and it still was on it's feet running faster than I could. If it had been serious about "coming" on at me, I'd not be here. That was a time when my back was hurt with a disc injury and I could not run, could not climb. I never found the one I shot in the "hams" as it went into the thick bush. I'd say it drawed social security. It left small drops of blood you could not follow, the ants cleaned up the trail before I could come to the end of it. I'd say it ran miles. Beaver Dam wildlife management area in Georgia. There was a pack of five to seven hogs in the first coming, then about four in the second while my gun was empty. You have to focus on "one" to shoot vitals, I focused on the one in the front. AND yes, the end of the barrel was shaking. I probably killed several trees.
            Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

You've all failed the test...
              The text reads, Ten feet from hoof to snout..
              They claim 9 feet to base of tail. Still much too big to be real.
              Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

There's something wrong with that picture!

Im in agreement with whoever said the "boy" is standing way back in that first pic, its apparent that the hanging pig is the same pig as the other because that same left side bullet shot and dried blood pattern are vindicative of being one and the same, I would really like to see a side shot of how that was posed, they are trying to make him look as if he's resting his arms on the pig but upon closer examination I believe the boy is actually resting his arms on one of his own knee's that he has propped up on a really high foot stool or something of the like, (His left arm is not resting on the pig but is actually on something white, and like someone stated --- way far behind)

Not to go totally Freudian on you guys but i believe the "boy" seen something in the pig that he doesnt like about himself --- thats why he pumped so many misguided rounds into it,,, if you look close at that pic of the pig hanging and the boy you will see a strong resemblance, just a theory, If he was a "Man" then He indeed could be labled with other "shortcomings" or possibly non-functioning equipment of his own, this is not a theory by the way, it happens to be well documented by many ex- trophy hunters wifes...
                Competition is a wonderful thing, its is hardwired within us, it makes us better, hones our skills, and is generally achieved through lots of hard work, sweat, and perseverance, it teaches us much about others and ourselfs, But killing for the sake of killing or to have a head mounted above your mantle speaks volumes as to who you really are, If you do this it can only mean one thing --- you are crying out inside for something that is lacking...

Anyone who hunts for the right reasons actually has my respect as they are connected to the death and have the blood directly on thier hands -- I eat meat and I dont do this, ( at least not anymore) therefore I believe they are actually more connected and No where near as "removed" from things as me, and being aware of all the atrocities that go on in slaughterhouses leaves me with actually having allot of respect for the "real" hunters out there, I will never knock them,,, however --- this totally flip flops if the hunters motivation is anything but for the reasons just stated, and its downright disgusting if its all for show, not far from where I live there is a "man" who lost both his parents in a plane crash, they were millionairs and he inherited all the money, he built a massive ritzie building for nothing more than holding the dead heads and bodies of rare animals that he kills around the globe, its his full time hobby/job, he's grossly overweight, has all kinds of help from "guides" to get his obese body to the shooting site which in some occations is actually a fenced in area that the animals fate has already been sealed just for this reason, takes the first crappy shot and then the other asswhipes who have more skill finish the animal off -------- all it takes is money, question --- how would you like to be that guys shrink?
                Last edited by A.K. Boomer; 05-27-2007, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by David E Cofer
                  The last one I shot with the 44, it filled up the bed on the 88 toyota 4wd. Estimated at #400lbs of meat, cleaning it did away with about 1/3+ bodyweight. It was full of pecans, One of the xtp slugs had ripped it from stem to stern. There was pecans about on the ground (passed through the stomach) with chunks of meat as big as your thumbnail. That was a hornady XTP 240 grain bullet hand loaded for the ruger super blackhawk. It also got a round through the lungs and frontal organs as it turned, frothy blood on the side of the trail as it was bubbling out.. and it still was on it's feet running faster than I could. If it had been serious about "coming" on at me, I'd not be here. That was a time when my back was hurt with a disc injury and I could not run, could not climb. I never found the one I shot in the "hams" as it went into the thick bush. I'd say it drawed social security. It left small drops of blood you could not follow, the ants cleaned up the trail before I could come to the end of it. I'd say it ran miles. Beaver Dam wildlife management area in Georgia. There was a pack of five to seven hogs in the first coming, then about four in the second while my gun was empty. You have to focus on "one" to shoot vitals, I focused on the one in the front. AND yes, the end of the barrel was shaking. I probably killed several trees.
                  A hunting friend of mine killed one with two arrow remnants imbedded and grown over with tissue. Both shafts were about 4 inches long and carried broadheads. The hog was in fine shape and apparently no worse for the wear as the wounds were completely healed.

Here in Texas, they have trapped and tagged wild hogs to determine their travel patterns. They can range up to a 20 mile radius in one night which means they can be in the thickest scrub you've ever seen during the day and in the farmer's field the rest of the time. They do this and still gain weight.

Comment

I killed a deer on my last hunt, it had a bullet hole in it's ear.. somebody was slingling lead huh? I hit it 175 yards running.. I aimed about five feet in front of it and it jumped into the bullet. I'd like to think it was skill, but... I know better.. the deer zigged when it should've zagged..

Evan, perhaps wrapping the tape around the "wide load" to reach center? ha? I don't know.. I wasn't there. HOW do you know unless you were there.. with all the dishonestly on these boards, all the armchair quarterbacks and machinists who can do better. Some actually believe so in thier own mind. Let them have thier delusions if it makes em happy I say. Lord knows I got plenty of problems myself.

There are some large hogs here and there. When they get that big, how do they breed? do they? WE had a large rooster that hurt all the hens, all the hens could hardly walk from the weight he put on them. Are they just rogues like the rogue elephants on discovery channel that terrorize people? If so, the path of destruction should lead to thier demise.

Wild hogs eat everything, My neighbor brought home some striped piglets, they ate his chickens. Feathers in the hog manure told a real story. They'd run a chicken down and grab it, end chicken.

They'd eat you if they had a chance. Probably with a lil "farther bean sauce?"... People dissapear all the time.

I'm going on a motorcycle ride.. have fun..
                    Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Riding around Crandall with my daughter.

There is so many new houses and development, the hogs would have to live under a house.

We spent a hour riding around over there. Things change, the management area of Fort Mountain is still there with it's orange gates.

Management area-tree farms..
                      That is a huge area, easy to get lost in all the gulleys and slopes on the side of the mountain, you can be 30 feet from where you were, not see a damn thing that looks familar.. Hear traffic? it might be 10 miles away. Slope noise redirection.

I remember two guys shooting a fat black bear.. working all day to get it to the top of a slope, turning loose to rest, the bear being round, rolled to the bottom the the hill.. THEy finally went after a game warden with a winch to help retrieve the beast.
                      Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

It is a sad thing .

When an OT thread such as this takes away from On topic threads.

Comment

I extrapolated the weight tables given by jr45acp and come up with 3364 lbs for a 9 ft 4 in pig, which pretty much agrees with Evan's numbers. There is a difference in the way things are being measured: the tables use the length from the ears to the base of the tail and the 9 ft 4 inch number is from snout to base of tail. Even so, the reported weight and length numbers can't be right. A 1051 lb pig should be about 6 ft 2 inches from ears to the base of the tail, so unless the pig has an awfully long snout, this looks like a hoax.
                          10F

Comment

Notice how the motorcycle "don't look" actual size? HA.. Is it really a Piglet instead of a real hog?
                            Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Getting back on track

Originally posted by IOWOLF
                              When an OT thread such as this takes away from On topic threads.
                              Yeah,
                              Agree absolutely.

And that's from me who often gets rapped for going OT

This seems to have developed a momentum (and life?) of its own.

I tried earlier to get it back - but just got ignored - again as often happens but I must say, in all fairness that the "flak" I get is largely justified - but not always.

I guess we will just have to let it run its course.

Comment

The national news picked it up and is running the story with several other pics and an interview with the boy.

Comment

Working...
                                X