OT: Nother big pig!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IOWOLF
    When an OT thread such as this takes away from On topic threads.
    Amen to that...the epitome of everything that pisses me off about this forum...Know-it-alls that really don't know sh*t, blabbermouths that spew idiotic screeds that one suspects they wrote when they were either drunk or stoned, endless speculation, etc., etc...I've tried my best to get something from this board, hung around for the occasional on-topic post, I have learned things here, & there are some whose posts I value & look forward to, but I've about come to the conclusion that the frustration & anger isn't worth it...I got flamed for calling you all a dysfunctional family when I first got here, in the middle of a big dust-up that got somebody banned, I've come to realize now that you can have your little nuthouse, I'm deleting the bookmark & pulling the plug on this experiment...it ain't worth my time-I don't log on to the net to get pissed off, there's enough stuff in real life that does that...so-Bye Bye...I'm outa here...

Comment

I first looked outside to see if it is a full moon. nope. Almost thou.

Makes you kinda wonder who all the insults are pointed at in a manner in which they are directed namelessly.

As far are "off topic" read the intro. Anything "fun" to pass time and socialize and create a family and friendly atmosphere is usually game here.

If I have insulted, I apologize. If others have who I consider friends, I apologize for them.

Perhaps we should all join a "welding forum" or "toolbox talk". The loons seem to abound in those forums. Ever now and again they spill over.
      Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Sounds like we'll be a little less dysfunctional after tonight.
        Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

I like this BBS just fine the way it is. A large group of kindred kooks with more imagination, knowledge, and creativity than I've ever encountered anywhere on the net. Funny too. Topct had me rolling about that boy killing his pig!

SP

Comment

Originally posted by ronm
            Amen to that...the epitome of everything that pisses me off about this forum...Know-it-alls that really don't know sh*t, blabbermouths that spew idiotic screeds that one suspects they wrote when they were either drunk or stoned, endless speculation, etc., etc...I've tried my best to get something from this board, hung around for the occasional on-topic post, I have learned things here, & there are some whose posts I value & look forward to, but I've about come to the conclusion that the frustration & anger isn't worth it...I got flamed for calling you all a dysfunctional family when I first got here, in the middle of a big dust-up that got somebody banned, I've come to realize now that you can have your little nut house, I'm deleting the bookmark & pulling the plug on this experiment...it ain't worth my time-I don't log on to the net to get pissed off, there's enough stuff in real life that does that...so-Bye Bye...I'm Uta here...
            Sorry to see you go Ronm, it seemed you had a lot to offer here for information and experience.
            Don't let the idle banter drag you down...sometimes it is a nice diversion.
            If you don't find a thread to your liking, then pass it by, and contribute to another thread, or post one more to your liking. There is much to discuss here with like minded individuals. Not everybody is going to be on the same level of thought as you, but then on the other hand some are going to be on a level above or below yours.
            We have much to learn from each other, and much as family we we don't always see eye to eye.
            It is easy to walk away pi$$ed off with something you don't like...stick around and make it better...that's why we are all here.
            Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
            Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Ronm, I didn't mean to light your fuse, I Just wanted to Slow down this runaway train. Stick around if you read this as I assume you will because Most guys stay to see the comments made about your post,So Please stick around and Ignore the O T posts.

Comment

It was marked OT and we don't have to read what we don't want but how do you know there are not gems of wisdom in these OT posts.

When they drag on too long that's when personalities abound.

How about the plug gets pulled on all OT marked posts after one page ?

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
                  Going away for a holiday ?

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

My 2 cents on this is I happened to see something about it on CNN a couple days ago...like it was "breaking news"...and now come to find out it happened almost a month ago and the kid's dad already has a web site up about it...and it's almost certainly a hoax anyway.... I mean I knew CNN was slack sometimes, but didn't know they were *that* slack ! Gawd...

Comment

SUEY... Hea pig.. Hea...

These people make a living out of taking City folk Hog hunting.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUCYh2nkSd8 as someone who growed up hungry, shooting squirrels to eat in a bit of buggy flour I take gun saftey as Nomal survival skills. The woman on this video scares me to death, If I had been ANYWHERE close to her in the woods My heart would have been racing with her not knowing how to operate the rifle correctly.

All this YOUTUBE video was a commerical for thier Hog hunting trips. I am not connected in anyway. If you want to see a WILD hog, you just have to walk the woods a bit. I don't find the domesticated-ran-wild hogs near as interesting as the russian boars.
                      Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Going away for a holiday ?
                        I said "a little less". Don't you have a floor to find or something?
                        Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Don't you have a floor to find or something?
                          No I'm over that, I have got a CNC to do for Friday from scratch.
                          At the moment it's on the bench still alltogether, ballscrews are still sealed in the NSK boxes and need machining, motor mounts are hiding inside a 10 foot length of 2-1/2" alloy solid
                          Motors, drivers and bearings are on the other bench. Sheet metal panels for the enclosure are on the seat of the truck. All electronics will be ordered tonight for Wednesday delivery.

The good news is the lifting eye is done and ready to fit, just needs tapped hole in the column

Comment

Hea Pig.. I wish I had a small porker.

Hain't that country-boy pretty? a old propane grille top married to a old heating stove? I gotta make a rotissiery for it this morning to cook a dozen chickens. You just load a armload of hardwood and away she goes. It is now on it's fourth or fifth firing.

John, If you are like me, you just have to jig and locate them parts to make them.
                            It has gotten kinda boring to deal with them. All for a buck tho huh?
                            Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

My gut feeling tells me something is phony in the picture shown in the original post's link. Everything else seems a bit on the fuzzy side, but the boy and his striped shirt looks crisp and in focus.

I say it is a Photoshopped fake. Somebody wanted their fifteen minutes of fame and they took a shortcut to get it.

Orrin
                              So many projects. So little time.

Comment

DC please tell me your not going to actually cook something one that"thing" and then eat it, please...

Comment

Working...
                                X