OT: Nother big pig!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ronm

one suspects they wrote when they were either drunk or stoned, .

Bingo --- now your catching on, dont let the exit button bend your pinkie nail on the way out,,, have a nice day, been a real pressure.

Comment

DC please tell me your not going to actually cook something one that"thing" and then eat it, please...
      That kinda reminds me of the question:

"Would you rather eat a dead fish or a live fish?"
      Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by David E Cofer

Notice how the motorcycle "don't look" actual size? HA.. Is it really a Piglet instead of a real hog?
        Haha...I get the same thing all the time"are you that big or is your truck that small?"

I swear people don't know qauilty construction when they see it
        I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Since I posted this maybe I should throw my gut feeling in to so here goes-

I figure the measurements for the girth are right and so is the weight,but the length no.Either it's a fib,or the leg is dis-jointed from the move or they don't know how to read a tape

Still it's no worse a fabrication than any of the professional ones you see in the hunting and fishing mags.I was told by a Bass pro that you can hold that 7lb Bass up to the camera and little forward of yourself in the picture and suddenly have a 12 pounder,his boat was nicer than mine so I guess he is right???

Comment

For the record

Originally posted by IOWOLF
            When an OT thread such as this takes away from On topic threads.

I just want to set things straight, I think in general I can speak for the board simply for the fact that "The Board" has a life of its own and I am mearly commenting on that separate entity that takes form, so this is more of an observance than my opinion, but as for me --- I like what I see, It apears that "We" as a group can, will, and do talk about anything under the sun, anything of interest --- anything funny --- anything --- the base, the glue, the very okra paste that holds this forum together is of course machining or anything to do with it, And in my opinion this site has some of the best people around, But this site has something more, We have fully grown up guys who sometimes act like children, (just read Sr. Johns recent bash on Evan and Evans reply's --- I have a great admiration for british humor and had a great laugh this morning -- maybe long enough to hang around and check out some other posts and learn something) Thats why I hang my hat here also, believe me -- if all this place did was talk about machining i wouldnt even tune in, Dont like it? then dont freeking read an OT post and get your panties in a wad, Why are you even going there? it said OT... How can you complain?There are some real anal sights we can direct you too, sounds like you might need to check them out, To me there is nothing worse than when the banter gets rolling and finally we all get to blow off a little steam and then someone steps in and says its not right --- Thats what I think is sad, ever hear of fun?
            For the record iv also seen an OT post like this generate the majority of responces to do with what this board is originally here for, for instance it wouldnt be to hard to imagine someone commenting on what material to make a tractor boom out of, then Torqer would come in and talk about how to weld it up, them someone else would comment on how to re-heat it all and cool it properly and yet again someone might add the finishing touches of some bombproof primer and paint to get (and how it is also great for mills and lathes) but of course only after some of the stress corners are machined radiused and such, If you havent seen this then your not paying attention.

Sometimes the entire first page will be filled with all machining topics, thats great, sometimes 3/4 of it is off topic or machining rubbish that wheve seen a million times, Still good for newbies and/or great to learn something different from many of the guys youv grown to trust, Learn to "roll with it"

In the river there is the term "go with the flow" In whitewater kayaking you apply this with finesse and use the flow to your advantage because its very simple, try to fight it and you die, the board is like the river, its way to strong to overpower, butting heads with individuals is natural, but trying to change its entire direction is futile, There is only person strong enough to do this --- the moderator, deal with it...

Comment

AK..

I gotta find some stainless to make a proper rotissiery. I got the crank and end spit done, I was tigging it when My wife announced that it takes three hours to smoke a chicken. (who is she kidding?)
              Buddy, it's clean, sterile, will sterilize your knees if you get too close. It's to the black stage now.. rust is all burnt black on top. I made a grille from a nice new rusty piece of expanded metal. It is burnt black too. NOW using galvanized expanded metal is a no-no.. as is cooking in a trash can.. unless you are using it for a smoker upside down. Please use a new can thou.. You never had road kill stew? Some smart aleck always brings a skunk thou. I hate cooking goat. I can make anything tasty thou. (you think I am kidding?)

The Mexicans at the sewage plant I was working at for a while doing a upgrade? they had a rusty piece of metal they took two cinder blocks and propped up over a small fire of sticks.. never cooked black.. never sterilized.. they warmed thier tortillas and ate.. NOW, if you have never been around a sewage plant? they have a mist.. a moist mist that comes off the "hot sewage" and condenses on everything including thier rusty piece of metal they never put away.. It would have killed me dead, hepatitus, or some other dysentary disease. WE. as humans have became accustomed to drinking "purified water" and are dependent on it.. If as a modern man you attempt to drink creek water.. better have lots of toilet paper. In Iraq and other countries, they dip water right out of the gutter to cook with.

Darin: Doc always laughs about the Car I put on like a shirt. It was a 80s honda civic. Lil bastich was on it's third hun thou, it would go faster in fourth than fifth, too wore out to pull od.
              Our 2005 is not much larger. Which reminds me.. I gotta change the oil in that lil toy.. the lil squirrels in the barrel need it.. I changed the oil in the bike over the weekend.. had to make a chain wrench to do it.. really.. It cost $85 to buy filters and change the oil in the car and bike.. Mobil1, and Syntec on the car.

Hang in there guys.. It's all good. This thread makes me hungry.. I wish I had a lil pig to roast whole.
              Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Originally posted by wierdscience

I figure the measurements for the girth are right and so is the weight,but the length no.Either it's a fib,or the leg is dis-jointed from the move or they don't know how to read a tape

:

Getting off OT and back to the original OT,,, wonder what the difference would be if you measured that porker on the gound and then measured it in the air being held up by the tractor? you know it would have to be substantual, all those vertebre, all those joints being pulled apart by all that weight with a dead pig thats not going to tighten its muscles to keep them together, I know i stretch out a fair amount while in my anti-gravity chair, and a fair amout more when i con myself into total relaxation, so much so that I have to allow plenty of time to "come back together" slowly or I could seriously hurt myself....

Comment

DC, nobody can ever accuse you of not being "the real deal"...

Comment

David C: Now you gone and made me hungry! Good thing for you I am 700 miles away or I would be inviting myself over to your house for dinner. Gary P. Hansen
                    In memory of Marine Engineer Paul Miller who gave his life for his country 7-19-2010 Helmand Province, Afghanistan. Freedom is not free, it is paid for with blood.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer
                      Getting off OT and back to the original OT,,, wonder what the difference would be if you measured that porker on the gound and then measured it in the air being held up by the tractor? you know it would have to be substantual, all those vertebre, all those joints being pulled apart by all that weight with a dead pig thats not going to tighten its muscles to keep them together, I know i stretch out a fair amount while in my anti-gravity chair, and a fair amout more when i con myself into total relaxation, so much so that I have to allow plenty of time to "come back together" slowly or I could seriously hurt myself....
                      That is what I suspect.This picture JC linked to tells a tale.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/bighog.asp

I don't believe there is any trickery in this shot and from having a loader of that same model not to many years ago I can tell you the bucket is 87" side to side.87" isn't that far from 108 or 111" which ever they claim especially when you consider the one in the loader bucket isn't hanging by one leg.

We have a lot of hogs and Boars around here,state wildlife claims the two won't cross,but I have seen black and tan ferral hogs with the classic Boar ridge of black hair down thier spines running around.

Last one we had slaughtered the butcher showed us why it costs so much to process one over a regular domestic pig.That rascal had 1-1/2" of dense hard fat on it's shoulder flanks and neck.This fat was almost cartilige in density.I have seen hogs get run over by cars and calmly walk away,now I know why.

Comment

This one works so well, I am trying to figure out how to brick it in..

Gary, if ya was here, we'd make a plate for you.
                        Same goes for the rest of you guys.. (you should try my wife's potato salad)

David
                        Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Well that puts my pot of red beans and sausage to shame.

Comment

Darin, I am full as a tick..Them red beans and rice sound good thou. As a good friend you should've sat yours on the table too.

Skinning one of them feral hogs.. you take a rock about the size of a baseball.. roll it up in the hide, and use a "slide hammer" type action to jerk it loose. Taking a knife to help it along. I have heard you can inject air in there too. make it come loose but I have never tried.

I was hanging on a hide with all 275lbs I had then.. now I got more wt, but got less in the way of arms and a bigger belly. Them rascals are pretty darned tough and don't come out of thier clothes easily.
                            Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Darin, I am full as a tick..Them red beans and rice sound good thou. As a good friend you should've sat yours on the table too.

Skinning one of them feral hogs.. you take a rock about the size of a baseball.. roll it up in the hide, and use a "slide hammer" type action to jerk it loose. Taking a knife to help it along. I have heard you can inject air in there too. make it come loose but I have never tried.

I was hanging on a hide with all 275lbs I had then.. now I got more wt, but got less in the way of arms and a bigger belly. Them rascals are pretty darned tough and don't come out of thier clothes easily.
                              Them beans never landed on the table,"gone in 60 seconds" would have been the post title I were hungry.

I am lazy,local butcher does the whole thing for $80 and 1/8 of the take,that includes sausage,if you want hams cured or smoked that's extra,but he does a fine product.

Don't have to hunt them here,they find you.Local gravel pit has the best selection of hogs,me and a couple of buddies worked up a portable trap.4x4x8' angle iron frame and welded stock panel sides.Has two trailer wheels on a cam,you just back it up in a nice spot,drop it down on the ground and bait it.Large apple usually does the trick.After you get one rock the trap back up on it's wheels,take it home and feed it sweet feed for a couple weeks then it's off to the butcher.250-275lbs is common here lots of food.

Guy down the road grew 45 acres of watermelons last year,lost 15 acres to hogs.Deer will pick a ripe melon, bash a hole in it with a hoof and eat,they only take a few.Coon's will pick a ripe melon and dig a hole in it using thier arm to carve out the innards,they only take a few.Hogs,well they don't call them hogs for no reason,they take everything,melons,vines even some dirt.

Comment

This one works so well, I am trying to figure out how to brick it in..

Gary, if ya was here, we'd make a plate for you.
                                Same goes for the rest of you guys.. (you should try my wife's potato salad)

David

I dont know exactly how to aproach this, the closest thing I can try to come up with is when I tried to stop that one fella from jumping off the royal gorge bridge so here goes --- "wait -- stop --- dont do it --- youv got to much to live for"

Hot dogs are for kids that dont know any better --- and ones you dont like for that matter
                                (gotta admit that chicken has got me going --- Damn you DC, all ig got is veggies at the house)

Comment

Working...
                                X