Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In keeping with the off topic posts What is your favorite recipe ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which 6-pack?

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer
    And yet another version over here, rotiserie to perfection while basting, pull off grill, eat entire bird and imediatly slam 6 pack afterwards
    Sounds like Tarzan - got your 6-pack "working out"? - wouldn't be booze surely.

Comment

Originally posted by lynnl
      Thanks Wolf. I'll try that. ...have to get out my calculator and do some dividing I guess. ...or maybe just invite all of you down to help eat it.

BTW, was that baked casserole style or just cooked up in big pot?
      In a copper ( steam jacket kettle ) as I recall so a POT will do.

Comment

Recipe

Originally posted by David E Cofer
        LES... WIfe says you can't post a picture like that without a recipe or link to one..

She means it too.
        On the road untill saturday, Grand Kids Graduating. I'll look it up, but can you get roasted NM green chili?
        Les H.
        The Impossible Takes Just A Little Bit Longer!

Comment

LES:

My wife says you can get a "plastic Pie at Hobby Lobby"... Now you gotta prove her wrong..

AND EVAN: post a beautiful picture of Fish, cooked to perfection but no details.. GOD lives in the details.. DO I have to buy ten thousand dollars in fish to learn to make mine come out like that.. explain so a country boy can learn from the small words.

Gee serves 1200.. Grannies Stew pot ain't big enough since 200 bikers can clean it out of deer stew.

Come on guys, don't half arse it.. More details..

About that beer can chicken now? do I stuff the can up the chickens arse before wringing it's neck and plucking? how do you pull the tab? I drink mostly bottle beer. Although that twelvepack in the fridge might be close to expiration date... My wife has a ceramic doo dad you stand the chicken up on.. it looks like a upside down mushroom with a sauce pan underneath.. now.. she won't let me put it on the grille.. Touchy she is.. So? I guess I get to make one from stainless in the shop for MY GRILLE..
          Last edited by Dawai; 05-30-2007, 11:02 AM.
          Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

"...beer close to expiration date..." ?

I didn't know that was possible!
            Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

Seeing as we all have different taste buds, and there are ten billion recipe books in circulation, it mystifys me why anyone would care what some other jackleg cook's favorite recipe is.

Reminds me of when in a restaurant and someone asks the waitress "what's good ?"....which seems slightly odd as what's good to her may be awful to someone else, so why care what the waitress thinks ? (not to mention the fact that the managment may tell them to "push this" for tonight)

Comment

Originally posted by HWooldridge
                I care not for okra or file' - so dat be how I make de gumbo...

Okra is as slick as snot, but it is a magic vegetable, it contains pepsin, and pepsin is a very powerful enzyme that disolves the plaque build up of the small intestine, this coupled with Okra's "cling" ability makes it second to none to any other veggie for doing so, Okra is your friend (not opra -- okra, very important to separate the two)

Comment

Originally posted by D. Thomas
                  Seeing as we all have different taste buds, and there are ten billion recipe books in circulation, it mystifys me why anyone would care what some other jackleg cook's favorite recipe is.
                  It mystifies me why you're mystified. Why else would there be ten billion recipe books in circulation if no one cared?

Plus, we all have to eat. I sure appreciate that chili mac recipe, and am looking forward to trying it.
                  Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

Reminds me of when in a restaurant and someone asks the waitress "what's good ?"....which seems slightly odd as what's good to her may be awful to someone else, so why care what the waitress thinks ? (not to mention the fact that the managment may tell them to "push this" for tonight)

Most of us value another man's opinion!
                    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Heart healthy chili

This is adapted from a recipe on the 'net by Don Henley of the band "The Eagles". Before my heart attack I'd have the original nearly weekly. To continue to appreciate the simple and delicious dish I had to re-think some parts of it. It's still the best chili I've ever had.

http://TheVirtualBarAndGrill.com/hearthealthychili.html
                      Last edited by dp; 05-30-2007, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dp
                        Before my heart attack I'd have the original nearly weekly. http://TheVirtualBarAndGrill.com/hearthealthychili.html

Am I missing something here?

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer
                          Am I missing something here?
                          Don't know. What do you think is missing?

Comment

Very funny recipe

This is one of my favorite recipes. It’s too long to type here so I'm posting a link to it. Read and enjoy
                            Mel
                            http://www.deltablues.net/roast.html

I would rather have tools that I never use, than not have a tool I need.
                            Oregon Coast

Comment

Words of wisdom

So why do we care what you think?

Oh, wait a second, we don't !

Comment

Originally posted by IOWOLF
                                So why do we care what you think?

Oh, wait a second, we don't !
                                Not asking you to care what I think, but hoping for a discussion of why folks care about such things so I could understand and add to my "thinking" abilities. If all you can do is go instantly into a personal attack, STFU and let others talk.

Comment

Working...
                                X