No announcement yet.

take it easy guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it virtually impossible to do one at a time. Like Peter said, it's the journey, not the arrival, that is the fun part. I don't mind not completing a project if it's not a mandatory thing- to me it's done when I've gotten all the interest out of it that it offers me. Things of interest seem to pop into my head more often than a sine wave changes polarity. Of course other projects are intended to be finished and used, and for that kind of thing I will often work long hours and skip the usual domestic stuff in order to see the project progressing and becoming finished. That's when it's one project at a time- unless I need a special tool or jig to aid in that project- then I'm on that like Kraft dinner on a paper plate so I can get back to the real project before it cools off. All the while I have to resist the urge to sidetrack onto myriad other 'light bulbs going off'.

Preparing my shop for the potential flood- every task I chose to work on at any particular time seemed to require that another be done first, but another had to be done before that one, etc. I couldn't do it unless I went about five steps ahead and worked back. If it was a single task, like 'pick this bench and put everything away'- I was stalled.

Maybe I'm DHDAADDAADHDD. D.
    I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

It's not unusual for a solution to some knotty setup to pop fully formed into my mind while taking a shower or pruning the roses.
      Same here. I especially find solutions as I am drifiting off to sleep, but then my sleep isn't the same as most.

(As an aside, I've never known anyone who had three or more hobby projects going at the same time who ever finished one of them. I'm sure there are exceptions but I've never encountered one.)
      That used to be true for me but I now finish nearly everything I start. Particularly lately I have been multitasking a great deal and working on several projects at the same time, finishing all of them.

And no, I'm not sending you any of my pills.
      Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

This has been a therapeutic thread for me. Took me awhile to get through it as I jumped around to a couple other threads before I got through it all !

I just can't seem to work any project straight through. Always have to stop the project to do additional tooling or something else in the way of the original project. It drives me nuts.
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

I don't know what happened to me! I could't settle down ,and stop rushing all the time when working. In my previous life I was always doing quite a number of things at a time when I eventually retired I couldn't adjust to slowing down. Then suddenly it all worked out and I am fine may be medication ,old age, or just running on low steam whatever I am better for slowing down nowadays I don't have more than one job in each shop( woodworking and machine shops I mean)
          Alistair
          Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Originally posted by lynnl
            I had nothing to do with that!!

Actually I think it was '86. At any rate I was out there at Offutt AFB at the time, and I've got witnesses too.
            Funny we were 20 miles away from each other, or less.

Comment

I lived in Papillon (or Papillion... forgotten how it's spelled now).
              After I retired from AF, I worked over in Coon Rapids, IA for a couple of years, commuting home on weekends. So drove thru C.B. regularly.
              Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

At that time I was living in Pacific Junction,By Glenwood Ia.

Comment

Somebody better tell NASA, I think they have Discovery scheduled to go back up again.

Comment

I went to the NASA space centre in Florida totally free great day out even the food was very reasonably priced.It was a wonderful adventure when the kids were young regardsAlistair
                    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Working...
                    X