Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you help an old man't feeble memory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you help an old man't feeble memory?

I have a distant recollection of writing an article on re-machining my ENCO vise. In part, I talked about indicating the vise ways parallel to the y axis and then re cutting the fixed jaw support block after the hard jaws were removed. The hard jaws were trued up on a surface grinder.

I was unable to find the article in the archive. Was it all a dream? Help!

Rick (R.G.) Sparber
    Last edited by rgsparber; 06-05-2007, 10:15 PM.
    Rick Sparber

[email protected]
    web site: rick.sparber.org

Search results for "spbarber"

Originally posted by rgsparber
    I have a distant recollection of writing an article on re-machining my ENCO vise. In part, I talked about indicating the vise ways parallel to the y axis and then re cutting the fixed jaw support block after the hard jaws were removed. The hard jaws were trued up on a surface grinder.

I was unable to find the article in the archive. Was it all a dream? Help!

Rick (R.G.) Sparber
    Rick,

I searched the threads started by you.

Results were at: http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/sea...searchid=94711

You are a busy boy!!!

That "search" facility is quite good actually - not always intuitive - but does the job most times.

I've got into the habit of always using the search>advanced facility instead of the default as it has lot of options - not unlike Google actually.

Hope it helps

Comment

http://rick.sparber.org/Articles/sj/sj4.pdf Is this it? Gary P. Hansen
      In memory of Marine Engineer Paul Miller who gave his life for his country 7-19-2010 Helmand Province, Afghanistan. Freedom is not free, it is paid for with blood.

Comment

Originally posted by garyphansen
        Gary,

No, I'm looking for an article I wrote for either HSM or MW or PIM maybe 10 or more years ago.

The on line index of old articles is messed up and I believe some entries were lost.

Thanks for trying.

Rick
        Rick Sparber

[email protected]
        web site: rick.sparber.org

Comment

The 2003 nov dec HSM issue has an article about the enco vise , he wanted to lower the floor of the vise to get more clearence for his small mill. 10 years ago was before my time
          scariest thing to hear " I am from the government and i am here to help"

Comment

Working...
          X