New CNC router

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New CNC router

Reading the advert site today and there was this bloke selling some Techno-Isel benchtop routers to clear out.
    Rang the guy up and jumped in the Donald and went to have a look.
    He had about 12 of these things in various forms of undress.
    Some had the sub tables missing, some had motors missing but all of them were on linear rails and ground ball screws.

These two followed me home.

Not bothered about motors anyay or controllers although they are all complete in one of the sides.
    I'd sooner go with what I know and can get spares for anyway.

That's an 18" rule for scale.

This'll beat revving the big mill up to do engraving

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Good lateral thinking

Deleted/edited-out
    Last edited by oldtiffie; 08-18-2007, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Had a quick look at the site and hope you got a better price on them
      Peter
      I have tools I don't know how to use!!

Comment

Originally posted by ptjw7uk
        Had a quick look at the site and hope you got a better price on them
        Peter
        Don't I always ?

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

You and your luck - opposite to mine. Everything I want suddenly is in very short supply and so very expensive and when I sell something it's just gone out of fashion!!
          Oh well at least some of the swarf makers get good bargains!!
          (Mind you i've gone a shade of Alistair!!)
          Peter
          I have tools I don't know how to use!!

Comment

So as usual just when I get a new toy bloody customers fall out the woodwork.
            Add the bad weather we have been having and I've had motors and pumps coming out all extremities.

Decided to get the big gantry router started [ the moving table one was for a friend ]
            Stripped and cleaned all the dust and crap out the linear bearings, made some new motor mounting plates and fitted three new Chinese stepper motors.

Hooked them up to the suitcase controller I built some while ago and connected that to an old clunker of a PC I was given with Mach 3 on it.

Finally got it running on Friday after making a mount to hold the 800W Kress milling spindle. This can run at 10,000 to 30,00 rpm in variable speed mode and they come with 8mm collet [ 5/16" ] as standard. They are a right meaty lump.

Pic's of the machine later, forgot to take any, it's dark outside and my shop is haunted.

It can run at 9 meter's a minute [ 350 in/min ] but throttled it down to 7m/min [ 275 in/min ]

Not sure what it can cut at but revved an engraving file from 800mm/min to 1400nn/min with no problems [ 32 in/min to 55 in/min ]

Playing on a bit of old MDF and this is what came out so far.

The picture of my grand daughter was cut with photo vee carve which cuts a series of diagonal lines and varies the depth according to the light / dark ratio.
            I didn't think it had come out until a sprayed the surface with a rattle can but when I cleaned up with the sander I caught it before I realised.

The white pieces are just 1/4" thick plastic sheet that was lying around. Need to go raid the scrap bin at the Laser Co.

Comment

Nice Job on the RR emblem.

John,

Nice Job,

Here are some originals.

1961 certificate.

1968 letterhead.

1968 badge.

Les H.
              The Impossible Takes Just A Little Bit Longer!

Comment

Working...
              X