Bending exhaust pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bending exhaust pipe

Just a quick question......If you fill an exhaust pipe sith sand, plug both ends, heat and bend the pipe (controlling the colapse through the width) will kinking be eliminated??????
    Thanx,
    Shorty

Yes.
    But if there is ANY water in the sand, it will turn to steam and create serious pressure.
    Be careful, Joel

Comment

Also I think if you put a wire in the pipe you'll have a much easier time removing the sand. Of course if the sand is properly dry and has no binders like casting sand, it will just pour out.
      Spence

Comment

Thanx guys....
        I was thinking of using silica sand like the kind for sand blasting......I don't know if there are any binders in that type of sand but I'd assume not.....

Comment

Hey Shorty,if you heat that silica enough do you think you'll get glass packs(vroom vroom)?Robert.

Comment

LOL!!!

Comment

I saw a guy do it by sliding a garage door spring into tube heated and bent to the shape he wanted and pulled the spring after it cooled, worked good.
              I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

that's pretty cool......I'll have to check the i.d. of the exhaust pipe I've got and start scopin' out the neighbours garages....Hope they don't get too suspicious when I start measuring up their springs!!!

Comment

Ya it does work leaves a few little wrinkles but hey theres always a few,guy that thought it up is a geuine wild man,he was kicked out of the Army in Vietnam for selling Heliocopters,I never asked which army!He tends to fixate on some ideas like the spring thing so far I count about ten uses for them and more evryday.Rascal even used them to counter balance the tailgate on his utility trailer.Picked up on the punkin chunkin idea too,this should be interesting

Comment

What the heck is punkin chunkin.....?????

Comment

Shorty: Do a search on "punkin chunkin" or go back to posts made on 02-15-03. You would not believe it if any one just gave you the basic facts. And anvil shooting is a good read also.

Comment

Watched an anvil shoot at a tractor pull not too long ago got the crowd kinda pissed kept setting off everybodys car alarms

Comment

Down here in Texas, we have "Chip" tosses. I remember back in the old days, we made tennis ball canons. (Much cleaner).

Comment

What did you shoot the tennis balls with? I tried propane/air, singed the fuzz right off.
                            If you like booms- someone suggested setting up Oxy/Act torch for best burn, blow up a balloon and it explodes. Never tried a balloon,but (as result of the suggestion) I did it with a condom. Condoms work nice too .

When Gson gets a little older, I intend to try use some battery acid, water and battery to decompose water, but catch the gasses in a single container and detonate it. The enegry produced should be near what it took to de-compse? right/wrong? Law of conservation of enrgy unless the solution becomes warm. Volt amp meter to compute power in, (watts to calories/btu) and give some idea of what that many calories does when expended in a hurry. No sweat, I will use a remote to trigger things.
                            Steve

BTW, if you have the power availalbe, I think exhaust pipe packed with sand and capped can be bent cold. Any sort of vent should get rid of the steam problems. Tube will surely swell before rupturing.

Comment

We use oxy/acet in a 3" pipe with a wee iddy bitty hole in the end then we stuff a shop rag in the tube and shoot the rags at the grapples goin by on the highway........BIG BANGS FOR THE BUCKS!!!!!!!!! Probably 40 -60 feet.....now if a guy was to WET the rag.....hhmmmmmmm

Comment

Working...
                              X