Moving on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving on

No not that sort of moving on but at the moment we run three different accounts with two ISP's [ don't ask - legacy issues ]

Shortly I'll be changing and coming into line with the other accounts and this will mean I loose my web space.
    Not a big deal as I don't have a web site, something that may change hence the move.
    What I do have is a web dump or rather two of them where I have just dumped pictures so they can be uploaded or linked to.
    the two sites are:-

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stevens.../lsteve/files/

And

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stevens...lsteve/hidden/

These are just file lists of pictures, projects and work.

Once I get the new space some will go back but some are now quite old and serve no relevance to current needs so won't get replaced.

Have a look and if you see something you like copy it, don't copy the link as it may not see the light of day again.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

As always

Thanks for the notice m`lord
    Ken.

Comment

Ok, I'm a slow head...

But, how do I make the pictures by John Stevenson from his website move to my 'puter?

I know, ask my childern...
      Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there no sweeter words than "I told you so."

Comment

To save pix, in XP, put the cursor inside the pix,
        right clik the mouse and menu will give options,
        one of which is save. Clik on save and it will give
        you options on where to save. Once you decide,
        clik on folder you want to use and more boxes come
        up which eventually, 2-3 layers down will save the
        pix in the selected folder. Somewhere in the tree
        in the folder select, no save is there, but clicking OPEN
        changes the box to SAVE and clik save and it is done.
        Repeat adnauseum.
        Steve

Comment

Nice add on for ripping pics and videos from a site, if you use firefox.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/201

Comment

I have seen quite a few of your pics in the past but there were many I hadn't seen before. I am impressed by the quality and content of them, much better than whats in the MEW keep on posting.
            MBB

Comment

Damn now the server is going down..........................................bye. .........................

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Thanks! John Stevenson and sch

The boy is running a fever, so SWMBO handed off the nightshift. Well, now that we spent most of our night downloading some pics. It has been interesting, most I remember from the threads here. I'm sure I'll have a few questions after (when?) I sort them, been a Greedy Gus, and grabbing while I can.

I has only taken me about three years to figure out how to download pic, maybe one day soon I'll get a digi cam and start posting pictures!
                Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there no sweeter words than "I told you so."

Comment

For those running linux, wget is your friend (read the wget man page to understand the switches).

wget -r -l1 -np http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stevens.../lsteve/files/

will grab it all.

I'm into the t's in the first directory and I'm up to 26 megs. Lots of stuff.

Originally posted by TECHSHOP
                  But, how do I make the pictures by John Stevenson from his website move to my 'puter?

I know, ask my childern...
                  Brett Jones...

Comment

Originally posted by bhjones
                    For those running linux, wget is your friend (read the wget man page to understand the switches).

wget -r -l1 -np http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stevens.../lsteve/files/

will grab it all.

I'm into the t's in the first directory and I'm up to 26 megs. Lots of stuff.
                    As a matter of courtesy I'd suggest wget -w 15 --limit-rate=20k -l1 -np and the URL. This puts a 15 second delay between downloads and and limits the bandwidth to 20kb to help offload the server some. Generally speaking there's no hurry with bulk downloads anyway.

Comment

Good point. I've always used the limit to stay within my prior Satellite ISP's volume cap, but there's nothing wrong with being polite.

Originally posted by dp
                      As a matter of courtesy I'd suggest wget -w 15 --limit-rate=20k -l1 -np and the URL. This puts a 15 second delay between downloads and and limits the bandwidth to 20kb to help offload the server some. Generally speaking there's no hurry with bulk downloads anyway.
                      Brett Jones...

Comment

John: Was this one sent to and read aloud by Ronald Reagan?

wavfile.php.wav

Comment

Working...
                        X