Seeking some background

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking some background

I found a lathe for my son. A Taiwanese Cheng ki Industrial with 51/2" ch and about 28'' bc, seperate lead and feedscrew, Algra Rapidue QC toolpost and some other bits.
    Amongst that lot is a QC toolpost. A type 100 "Boni" from Feldbach Switzerland(?) with one toolholder. It looks to be stainless(?); is anyone familiar with this brand?
    I can post an image tomorrow.
    Thanks
    Here is his lathe..
    Last edited by speedy; 06-25-2007, 06:46 AM.
    Ken.

I killed my computer by closing down too early so out came my $25 P3. Found the software for the camera and here is the toolpost you have all been waiting for .

Last edited by speedy; 06-27-2007, 05:32 AM.
    Ken.

Comment

Nice looking tool post. And it appears they still make them:
      http://www.boeni-ag.com/e/toolholder/

Comment

Thanks dp. I was googling all last evening without any results, except a couple in Swiss . Maybe if I knew how to place those "tits' above the 'o' I may have had more luck.
        Ken.

Comment

A shop I work part time at has a QC tool post just like yours that was made in Italy. I can't find any info on it either. It's on a lathe much larger than yours.
          Last edited by Carld; 06-27-2007, 12:44 AM.
          It's only ink and paper

Comment

Same??

Deleted/edited-out
            Last edited by oldtiffie; 08-18-2007, 09:51 AM.

Comment

The "tits" are the Umlaut. Since die Rechtschreibung (official rule book of spelling and grammar for High German) was changed recently it is now official that you may use the alternate spellings for words that contain Umlaut vowels. The Umlaut letters are ن, ِ and ü. Instead of using the letter with Umlaut you may use ae, oe and ue as an alternate spelling since that approximates the pronounciation.
              Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

I think diphthongs are probably as much work to google as are umlauts

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
                  The "tits" are the Umlaut. Since die Rechtschreibung (official rule book of spelling and grammar for High German) was changed recently it is now official that you may use the alternate spellings for words that contain Umlaut vowels. The Umlaut letters are ن, ِ and ü. Instead of using the letter with Umlaut you may use ae, oe and ue as an alternate spelling since that approximates the pronounciation.
                  Thanks Evan, I will try to keep that in mind. I did a search using the 'oe' and hey presto!
                  It will be interesting to see what the holders are worth or cost($$$$). Perhaps those Chinese ones will do the job oldtiffie; are they branded?
                  I have a friend who is going over to his old country and Belgium next month. So if I do my homework and save real hard .....

It is fractionally larger than my Dickson by about 3mm; the finish and construct is better though.

Carld, the lathe in this post is my sons` and yes this toolpost would be overkill for that machine.

Last edited by speedy; 06-27-2007, 05:35 AM.
                  Ken.

Comment

Oops, I`m still doing this!
                    Last edited by speedy; 06-27-2007, 05:36 AM.
                    Ken.

Comment

That's an interesting tool post...looks well made too. Do you have some pictures of the tool holder itself?

Hmmmm…from the pictures you posted it appears that the manufacturer figured out good way to keep 90% of the people from making their own tool holders for it!

Comment

How does the tool holder clamp work?

Comment

I can do that Mike. Just now I have to get an oilpack from the auto suppliers before they close; I`ll post images later.
                          Ken.

Comment

Mike, here are some images of the toolholder.
                            Dp, the toolholder is drawn back and locked in position by way of the vertical eccentric shaft. If you want I can post an exploded image tomorrow.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...t/IMG_0520.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...t/IMG_0525.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...t/IMG_0521.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...t/IMG_0524.jpg
                            Ken.

Comment

seeking some background

Ken, I, too, have a 'Chinese' or similar tool post. Bought it in the UK at a Show. I suspect that you can get bits separately but mine came with three- including a parting off front tool. Now, I believe that you can buy holders with an extended overhang which is suitable for 'your Myford' as well.
                              I used mine on a 918 and then to my Myfords. I simply turned a sleeve to fit.

Norm

As an afterthought, one of your Kiwi experts produced his own very sophisticated set of goodies as well as the holder.
                              Not my way of working but Jack Radford had that unique quality. There are lots of other things in it but try:-
                              Improvements and Accessories for your Lathe-J A Radford- Tee Publishing.
                              N
                              Last edited by Norman Atkinson; 06-27-2007, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X