Question about EMCO Compact 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about EMCO Compact 5

Few years back, I inheredted a brand new Emco Compact 5 from my father-in-law. I'm ashamed to say that it's only now that I'm dusting it off and trying to put it to good use.

I've tried mounting the both the vise and milling table to the carriage, but I'm finding that the spacing in the mounting bolt is different. Both the vice and milling table, which are Emco original, has 25mm spacing, while the carriage mounting holes are 17mm wide.

Anyone know why this is and how I can go about resolving this problem? Do I have to fabricate an adapter?

Thanks.

BTW, I'm very impressed by the quality of this machine. Everything is very smooth and tight.

lookin at your pics..the vice seems to be upright..in the correct position?? some sort of angle plate would be needed to connect the two...it probably doesnt mount flat as you are trying...just a guess..based on my south bend version.
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment" R.M.Brown

My shop tour www.plastikosmd.com

Comment

Dear Sir

to use your vise remove the set screw on the last hole

the vise uses one counterbored hole and the one that as the set screw

Marcel Beaudry

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel Beaudry
        Dear Sir

to use your vise remove the set screw on the last hole

the vise uses one counterbored hole and the one that as the set screw

Marcel Beaudry
        Thanks you sir. That did it! I did look at the set screw, but optically it looked smaller than the other. I think it was place there so that chips wouldn't fall in to the carriage during lathe operation.

Comment

Do not forget to put it back so the chips do not get in

Marcel Beaudry

Comment

In this configuration that set screw might be intended to go in the exposed hole for the same reason it's put in the original hole.

Comment

well there...lot different than my SBL...bout 90 degrees off, learn somethin every day
              scott
              "Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment" R.M.Brown

Comment

Scott, Rotate's Emco has a milling head, like a 3-in-1.

Comment

oooooooo

thank you..that helps..grin...
                  scott

Comment

Working...
                  X