No announcement yet.

Drive Name

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • agrip
    There are two ways to rig a level wind, that quickly come to mind.

    #1 Crossed helical slots, controlling a line guide eye.
    (yes a deliberatly superimposed left and right thread)
    You have seen a fast combo on a Yankee tool.

    #2 A heart cam controlling a distribution lever.
    Common as dirt on bobbin winders of old sewing machines.

    Haven't looked a a cylindrical "string ball" winder lately.
    Cable lacing cord still comes on those.

    Hth Ag

    Leave a comment:

  • Guido
    Ball Reverser

    Google: Flennor Ball Reverser

    Industrial duty configurations for controlling layers of cable or whatever, on a spooling system, ie. level wind fishing reels.

    We've installed six Flennor devices now, for everyday operations. Spooling quarter inch diameter hoist cable on 18 inch diameter spools, with a width betwix flanges of 12 inches. No problems.

    Somewhat pricey, but that depends on relative values of what is being spooled, and why, I guess.


    Leave a comment:

  • dp
    It's a self-reversing lead screw.

    Leave a comment:

  • wb8mdy
    started a topic Drive Name

    Drive Name

    I am trying to find the name or how to make the type drive that is used on fishing reels to traverse the line back and forth while cranking in one direction.
    I need to make a 6" one for a project that I am working on. Any help would very much be appreciated.