Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe OT(??) Who was/is the most famous machinist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post

It's a damned if ya do - damned if ya don't type thing, Bring up the OP topic again because you either forgot or joined up "just" a decade ago and the hyena's will rip you to shreds because you "didn't use the search button first" ...
    You have a point, yeah. Though the "didn't do a search" accusation is not quite so common here as at other places around the forum world. This group seems to be a bit more tolerant of someone coming in and asking a question that has been asked before. My theory on that is that everyone then has the opportunity to argue about it all over again!

Comment

• Arcane's robots still creeping me out, Im caught feeling like I want to tell it with a sense of half urgency that the bathrooms to the left down the hall, to the other extreme of just doing a 180 and yelling out loud "run for your lives"!!!

Comment

• My definition of a machinist: someone who makes things out of metal, using machinery or tools. Just remember, we stand on the shoulders of unknown giants, who came before us!

Comment

• Tubal-cain or Tubalcain (Hebrew: תּוּבַל קַיִן ‎ – Tū́ḇal Qáyin) is a person mentioned in the Bible, in Genesis 4:22, known for being the first blacksmith. He is stated as the "forger of all instruments of bronze and iron". A descendant of Cain, he was the son of Lamech and Zillah.
          *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

Comment

• One that impressed me.. it was Hewlett or Packard. Flew to California daily to his office. But lived on a ranch in Oregon.
            still kept a working machine shop at home on the ranch. ... because it was his roots, and he still enjoyed using the machines.... maybe not often, but not willing to live without them .....impressed me ..

Comment

Working...
            X