OT: For all you heathens machining firearms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: For all you heathens machining firearms

ebay has a new policy and it's being met with some resistance at least from one ebay'er!

http://cgi.ebay.com/bullet-knife-gun...QQcmdZViewItem

some of the questions and responses are quite humorous!

Here is the policy change they have put in the public domain:

Hello everyone.In mid-August, we will be updating our Firearms, Weapons and
    Knives Policy to place more restrictions around gun-related items. Once
    these changes take effect, we will prohibit listings of any firearm part
    that is required for the firing of a gun. This includes items like bullet
    tips, brass casings and shells, barrels, slides, cylinders, magazines,
    firing pins, trigger assemblies, etc. Please read the Firearms, Weapons and
    Knives Policy for more details on our current policy.
    As you may know, eBay does not allow the listing of any items which are
    regulated by individual states or the federal government; however, there are
    still a large number of firearm-related parts that are legal and are widely
    available in retail stores. These items have also historically been allowed
    on eBay. After learning that some items purchased on eBay may have been used
    in the tragedy at Virginia Tech in April 2007, we felt that revisiting our
    policies was not only necessary, but the right thing to do. After much
    consideration, the Trust & Safety policy team - along with our executive
    leaders at eBay Inc. - have made the decision to further restrict more of
    these items than federal and state regulations require.

This new update continues to encourage safety among our community members
    and brings our policies in the U.S. and Canada in closer alignment with our
    existing policies in other markets around the globe.

Sincerely,

Matt Halprin
    Vice President, Trust & Safety

Last edited by Your Old Dog; 08-07-2007, 08:02 AM.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

After learning that some items purchased on eBay may have been used
    in the tragedy at Virginia Tech in April 2007, we felt that revisiting our
    policies was not only necessary, but the right thing to do.
    -The hell...?

What was he supposed to have bought off eBay? The two guns he purchased locally... so what else did he use? Is eBay complaining about the biker gloves and "bulletproof vest" he wore? (Which I think was actually just a black photographers' vest, not a 'bulletproof' or SWAT-harness type vest.)

Doc.
    Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

Comment

I seem to remember that he bought .22 clips on ebay. It's not clear to me if he even fired the .22 during his spree -- initial reports said it was found inside his backpack.

I remember the time when I could mail order guns from Herters. I felt safer then than I do now.

Comment

This is going to just continue until we look like Canada or the UK or have a revolution. Most Americans, including my own offspring, have no clue as to what they give up each time another restriction or law is enacted.

Many think the police are there to protect them too.

Comment

Originally posted by MTNGUN
          I seem to remember that he bought .22 clips on ebay. It's not clear to me if he even fired the .22 during his spree -- initial reports said it was found inside his backpack.
          Yeah, he fired both the .22 and the 9 mil.

But what the Hell difference does it make where he bought the clips? He could have bought the .22 clip at Walmart.
          "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

You better stock up on any gun supplies and cartridges you will need because there has been and is a movement to control cartridges and such rather than the guns. The reason the settlers of North America revolted has been ignored much to the satisfaction to the government.
            It's only ink and paper

Comment

Wonder if any of the electronic devices he used to make his film that he sent to NBC were or even could have been purchased off of ebay. Snaggle toothed twits!
              EDIT: I just went to ebay, punched in knives and lo and behold there over 36,850 available for sale.
              Thinking about how 19 dirtbags gained control of 4 airplanes and the ensuing carnage makes me laugh when I hear about how concerned Mr. Matt Halprin and his ilk are concerned with OUR safety. Wake up America
              Last edited by recoilless; 08-07-2007, 03:10 PM.
              I bury my work

Comment

Dup......Post
                Last edited by IOWOLF; 08-07-2007, 03:11 PM.

Comment

It's just another way to push there Bible thumping on others.

I got Banned from Ebay for a month for selling a BB gun when sling shots and crossbows were all over Ebay.

I wonder will they be stopping the sale of cars, becouse

.wait for it
                  .More cars have killed people than My guns.

Comment

Originally posted by IOWOLF
                    More cars have killed people than My guns.

To restate my favorite bumper sticker - "Ted Kennedy's cars have killed more people than my guns"

jack
                    jack

Comment

"I remember the time when I could mail order guns from Herters. I felt safer then than I do now." [/QUOTE by MTNGUN]

Hey MTNGUN. Boy, do you bring back some really good memories of my earlier days with my dad. My dad bought so much stuff from Herters that I still have including a nice, Herter's U9 bolt action rifle in cal .22-.250 that we used when chuck hunting in upstate New York. Prices were very reasonable and the quality was good too. Do any of you guys remember the days before the Gun Control Act of '68 when any firearms could be had through the mail. Klien's sold many guns through the mail. I think they were out of the Chicago area, but I am not too sure. There was always an ad for Klien's in the NRA's American Rifleman. Matter of fact, I think that is where Lee Harvey Oswald supposedly bought his Italian Carcano with the scope already mounted. If I am not mistaken, the price during the mid 60's was around $30. A Garand went for a mere $69. Boy were they the good old days. How did we let this happen? I am not going to get into a rant about polital topics since I took a mental vow to avoid divisive topics after the other day when Alistair mentioned Religion. As for buying and selling gun parts on eBay, if enough of us stick together maybe we can hurt eBay's bottom line some. There are always alternatives such as Auction Arms and Gunbroker. Bill Senko

Comment

Well, I can think of more than one internet auction site that will not have any problems with eBays idiotic logic.

I remember the time when I could mail order guns from Herters. I felt safer then than I do now.

MTNGUN.
                        No mistake about it, you were safer then so was I

Comment

I will believe Ebay is sincere in trying to protect us when they also ban all sales of baseball bats, golf clubs, hammers, screw drivers, etc. And most importantly regarding the Virginia Tech case when they “advocate” the banning of “all” antidepressants and other mood-altering drugs? Many of the most notorious mass killers in recent memory have been on, or were just coming off, these drugs.

For example “Paxil” a popular antidepressant drug is known to have the following adverse reactionsaccording to the drug's own 2001 FDA-approved label – they are "mania," "insomnia," "anxiety," "agitation," "confusion," "amnesia," "depression," "paranoid reaction," "psychosis," "hostility," "delirium," "hallucinations," "abnormal thinking," "depersonalization" and "lack of emotion," among others.

So let’s see if a person is depressed, to cure him, we dope him up with these drugs turning him into a suicidal killer and then blame his actions on the availability of guns??????

Comment

How about machines that can make complete guns or parts for broken guns that can make them operable once again

Comment

Join the National Rifle Association and contribute/donate to their Institute for Legislative Action,..................otherwise don't complain.
                              Last edited by J.Ramsey; 08-07-2007, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X