Whipp Shaper video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whipp Shaper video

I have produced a short video showing my shaper in operation. Not too exciting I'm sure but it shows all the main components of the shaper in operation and identifies them. It's 2 1/2 minutes long.

I'm providing it as a low res version here at first which is a 2.8 megabyte download. If anyone would like a higher res version please say so. I will then pm you with a link to download from. I don't want it found in the high res version by a search engine or it will kill my server. The high res version is a 12 mb download. The full res version is also available (37MB) but you will have to convince me you need it.

I retain the copyright to the video but you are free to copy and distribute for free as you wish.

http://vts.bc.ca/pics2/whipp4bbslo.wmv
    Last edited by Evan; 08-09-2007, 04:08 PM.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

video

Evan,

The link for the video doesn't seem to work, could you check it please.

Jack
    jack

Comment

Evan's internets are broken.

(I wanna see the video!)

Edit: Hey, I found it. Evan, it's in your pics2 directory, the same as the load test video. Here's the right link:
      http://vts.bc.ca/pics2/whipp4bbslo.wmv
      Cool video, I'd never seen a shaper work before. Now I want one

I must also admit, I'm very bored right now and am busying myself trying to guess the filename of your higher resolution video... so far I can't seem to find it.
      Last edited by Scatterplot; 08-09-2007, 03:43 PM.
      You never learn anything by doing it right.

Comment

[smacks forehead with chipping hammer]

I'm glad you found it. That is exactly why I made the video. It's for people that have never seen a shaper operate before which was me just a few months ago.

I must also admit, I'm very bored right now and am busying myself trying to guess the filename of your higher resolution video... so far I can't seem to find it.
        Lotsa luck. It's not in a directory that I use for posting.

I'll PM you a link in a little while.
        Last edited by Evan; 08-09-2007, 04:15 PM.

Comment

video - second try

Evan,

Very interesting, nice machine, haved seen one work in about 40-45 years.

jack
          jack

Comment

Don't skip over this if you've never seen a shaper working.

Amazing what 2 1/2 minutes of video and a few words can convey.
            Gene

Comment

Good video. Nicely done.

Comment

Did you know Williams is a Welsh name?Alistair
                Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

My middle name is Gordon.

Comment

OK..

Ever seen a motor-grind rock mounted on a shaper as a surfacer?

Ever seen a knurling tool mounted to put knurls on a flat surface?

Ever seen inside keyway cutting? spline?

My lil southbend is pretty neat. It cuts slow thou. Lots faster than I do with a file.
                    Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

I love to see them work. I think we like shapers for the same reason we like steam engines....way more moving parts than you get in any other implementation

There really is something about reciprocal motion in old machines that is fascinating, maybe even mesmerizing. Everything runs in circles now days

Paul
                      Paul Carpenter
                      Mapleton, IL

Comment

Even my wife likes it. She was complaining because the sound of it in the garage is just audible in the living room and she said it put her to sleep.

There really is something about reciprocal motion in old machines that is fascinating, maybe even mesmerizing.
                        Uh huh. Sort of like a giant... um.. Ram. Yeah, that's it.

Comment

Evan, My manual says to start a 1/2 " before the start of cut and 1/4" past after the cut, or some such.

Comment

Originally posted by topct
                            Amazing what 2 1/2 minutes of video and a few words can convey.
                            2-1/2 minutes? I've been watching it since this morning, didn't realize the player was on loop. Now my whole day is gone... zzz, shhhh, zzzz, shhhh, ...
                            Russ
                            Master Floor Sweeper

Comment

Was that aluminum or steel ... hard to tell in the video.

I think someone posted a video of a metal planer here a while back. Shapers and planers just kick ass. I never get tired of watching them. Thanks for the video!!

Comment

Working...
                              X