• Time
  • Show
Clear All

does "No Highway" count?
    Just got my head together
    now my body's falling apart

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson
      It would be nice at 60...............................................

I do hope your talking about Miles Per Hour (just kiddin ) (( I know you blokes go by KPH)) again kiddin.

Comment

How about Crantkerus Potts in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang??

I want that car!
        Ignorance is curable through education.

Comment

Originally posted by lazlo
          Flight of the Phoenix?? Who was the machinist? Are you talking about the model airplane guy? That's a pretty big stretch

I think Burt Munro (from "The World's Fastest Indian") might be a stretch too -- he was a fantastic motorcycle mechanic, but as shown in the movie, he lived in, and did all his work on his motorcycle in a little shed, and I didn't see any machinery in there
          he actually said, modeler/inventor/machinist.. and the guy form flight of the phoenix would fall into modeler and somewhat inventor

Comment

An old black & white movie from the 1930's called The Black Legion shows a large, well equipped machine shop. In one of the first scenes Humphrey Bogart is operating a large mill (or at least turning the handles if not actually making chips) and later gets involved with a sinister, underground gang of workers from the shop.

There is another from around the same era, which I can't recall the name of at the moment, that in one part has George Raft as an ex-con working in a foundry. Although not really a machinist movie, it does show what looked to me like a crew pouring real iron into sand molds.

Mike

Comment

I was in The Thirteenth Warrior. I wasn't exactly the hero though as I only appeared on screen for a few seconds.

http://vts.bc.ca/extra.htm
              Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
                I was in The Thirteenth Warrior. I wasn't exactly the hero though as I only appeared on screen for a few seconds.

http://vts.bc.ca/extra.htm
                Evan,

Nice duds! I hope you got to keep them.
                Allan Ostling

Phoenix, Arizona

Comment

What about "Carbine Williams" starring James Stewart?

Malc

Comment

How about 'Chain Reaction' with Keanu Reeves playing a graduate student / machinist?
                    Tom

Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it!

Comment

Ok I remember seeing a movie along time ago... can't remember the name but always remembered the plot. Seems and Older Gent was a maintenance man for a tenant building in a declining area of a city... that had been targeted by a scumbag that had everyone afraid of him. One day the Old Guy sees the scumbag attacking a lady and tries to intercede. He grabs the scumbag from behind but was unable to hang on to him... but does stop attack SB runs away yelling how he'd get the Old Guy for interfering. So for the next bit of the movie they show him in his work shop making a set of metal armlets with eyes and clasps that went along with a leather vest and some cabling. Move forward shows Old guy walking with tench coat on rainy sidewalks with scumbag lurking in alley waiting to get Old Guy... scumbag comes out of shadows and confronts him... taunts him about dying and stabs Old Guy. But to his surprise the Old Guy bear hugs scumbag and locks up armlets trapping scumbag till cops show up. Old Guy loaded into ambulance.. Roll credits. Anyone else recall seeing this movie?
                      Wow... where did the time go. I could of swore I was only out there for an hour.

Comment

Just like being there!!!

Thanks Tink, dont know why i found that so damn funny!, I guess its the OG/SB thing and just the fact that the entire plot of the movie about fit into one sentence!!! Im still laughing my ass off

Comment

Well that's the Machinist Digest version...
                          Wow... where did the time go. I could of swore I was only out there for an hour.

Comment

I figured someone would have mentioned The Astronaut Farmer with Billy Bob Thornton. I've never seen it but didn't he build a rocket in his barn?
                            Jonathan P.

Comment

In Ocean's 11, they had a Bridgeport in their shop and it was running a flycutter (unattended). This was when they were building the components for the fake bank vault.
                              "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Not Home Machinist but Burt Lancaster pours a mean ladle of bearing metal for a loco driving rod in 'The Train'
                                Mark
                                What you say & what people hear is not always the same thing.
                                www.remark.me.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X