• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old-biker-uk
    replied
    Old Fritz

Alistair -
    I am rather afraid to show you mine in case you show me yours, then I would be really put to shame ! I really do need to get the stripper & spray kit out. But for all it's cosmetic faults it's a great little machine. (Fritz is halfway down the page)
    In another place, a member not a hundred miles from me is giving his Fritz a good seeing to, I am watching his posts carefully & maybe I will do the same.
    Cheers
    Mark

Leave a comment:

• old-biker-uk
    replied
    Thanks for the nice words.
    aostling - A bit of welding & quite a bit of filing !
    thistle - turns great - must be the oil, thanks again
    hoof - not so much an artist, more a copyist - I couldn't design anything to save my life, but with a picture I can usually figure out what's to be done.
    Cheers
    Mark

Leave a comment:

• Alistair Hosie
    replied
    Old Biker beutiful workmanship go to top of the class I think from memory you have the same Fritz Werner as I do let us see it again please as I think we both agreed they are great machines.Alistair

Leave a comment:

• Mcgyver
    replied
    very impressive, they look great. especially like that you included the pics on how its made.

Leave a comment:

• hoof
    replied
    A laborer works with there hands,
    a craftsman works with there hands and brains,
    an artist works with there hands, brains, and heart.

You sir are an artist

Leave a comment:

• thistle
    replied
    That turned out ok!
    dont you just love turning that Lignum?

Leave a comment:

• John R
    replied
    Beautiful work.
    Thanks for showing them.
    John R

Leave a comment:

• aostling
    replied
    Originally posted by old-biker-uk
    Last December I posted a saw that I had made, turned out to be a surgical design, since then I have found quite a few other designs so (with nothing else to do 'cos of the rain !) here is the progress so far.
    These are beautiful. How did you fashion these shapes, was a lot of hand-filing involved?

Leave a comment:

• old-biker-uk
    started a topic More Old Saws

More Old Saws

Last December I posted a saw that I had made, turned out to be a surgical design, since then I have found quite a few other designs so (with nothing else to do 'cos of the rain !) here is the progress so far.

Both frames cut from stock already in the workshop, The octagonal ebony handle was milled on old Fritz (Some pics. here. and here.)

The lower one has a Lignum Vitae handle (Thanks Thistle).
    Both take a 6” hacksaw blade.
    Anybody want to buy some old bent-rod Junior Hacksaws ?
Working...
X