X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what is your point?

There are gun and anti -gunners,
    There are Bible Thumper's and atheists,
    Americans and all others,And on and on....
    Big deal get over it.

Comment

Well. I thought it was superbly executed. Who knows, maybe those techniques could be useful to someone else in another area of work.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
        I think posting information describing activities that are a felony offense is quite a bit more objectionable than my posts of metal fabrication.
        -Serious question: Is there a reason you're being a jackass, Evan?

Your reply to my inquiry in your trailer post was basically "screw you, I'll do what I want!" and your reply here is clearly and unabashedly confrontational, where you're obviously reaching for some- any- excuse to bash me, personally.

You know that such gun work is quite legal in the United States, you know I live in the United States, and you know this board is owned by a US Citizen and hosted in the United States.

You're not that stupid, so clearly you're intentionally being a confrontational jackass.

Why is that?

Doc.
        Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

Comment

We are ALL waiting for your answer.

Comment

Doc
            Nice work keep it up,ignore the the posters that get mad if they are questioned about their work or don't get the response or the praise the think they deserve.

Comment

Doc,
              That is a nice mod you have done there.

A customer traded a similar gun (One of the S&W 3" 44 mag Lew Horton customs) in a few years back, right after he shot it, punishing to say the least
              But most of the problem was with his thumb that recently had been bandaged up after losing the end of it, so when he shot it the recoil just jerked back the skin that was wrapped over and stitched to what was left of the end of his thumb.
              Had to hurt
              Still cringe when I think about it.

Ken
              Last edited by Ken_Shea; 08-22-2007, 09:44 PM.

Comment

wish you lived closer doc...would love to come over and learn a bit from you....maybe a week with mr. addy, week with you then fly over and see sir john...only if i were rich..
                scott
                "Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment" R.M.Brown

My shop tour www.plastikosmd.com

Comment

Doc i like the post. I love pictures. I think it was one of the better posts. Maybe a little more description for us NON-Gun people.

How long did it take?

Rob

Comment

Beautiful machine-work Doc!
                    What kind of stainless is the 629 made from? Was it hard to turn (and bandsaw)?

That little beauty might be a good candidate for some compensating ports, like a Mag-na-port.
                    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Hmm. Not much balance in this post as far as home shop machining in Canada goes. While the ownership of pistols is still legal here it is illegal to modify a pistol to have a barrel less than 4.1 inches long.

I think posting information describing activities that are a felony offense is quite a bit more objectionable than my posts of metal fabrication.
                      Not true Evan, a firearm less than 4.1 in. is considered a prohibited weapon in Canada. It is not illegal to own such a firearm if you owned one previous to the last round of Liberal party gun owner bashing. I own several such handguns and I have been grandfathered under the current law. I can acquire as many handguns less than 4.1 in. as I like or sell to others that have been grandfathered under the current legislation.

I can also modify one of my handguns which is over 4.1 in. from the restricted class to the prohibited class. This modification would of course mean that I would have to re register the firearm. What a bunch of crap!

Anyway Doc, as the others have said beautiful work, wish I could lean over your shoulder for a few hours.
                      Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                      Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Beautiful Work

Hello Doc,
                        I think your work is very good. Excellent pictures showing steps of the transition. I have a 7 1/2" super blackhawk that I've had for years. Its my favorite handgun. Recently I shot a S&W with a very short barrel. The accuracy was very good but the report had a great deal more blast. I was using 23 grs of 296 with mag primers and Keith 245 gr semi wadcutters.
                        It would have been a very good for someone who wore it for work.
                        I do quite a bit of work on competition air rifles. My latest is a LG110 Steyr
                        field target rifle set up for bench rest accuracy. Thanks for submitting your work for viewing.
                        Regards
                        Chuck

Comment

Nice work, If your anything like me the very first cut is the hardest! I always think "I hope this is right!" Then after that first cut it is all down hill from there!

Comment

I'm not ignoring anyone, I went out to the shop to do some work and just now came back in.

-Serious question: Is there a reason you're being a jackass, Evan?

Your reply to my inquiry in your trailer post was basically "screw you, I'll do what I want!" and your reply here is clearly and unabashedly confrontational, where you're obviously reaching for some- any- excuse to bash me, personally.

You know that such gun work is quite legal in the United States, you know I live in the United States, and you know this board is owned by a US Citizen and hosted in the United States.
                            You know that such gun work is illegal in most countries including here if you aren't a grandfathered collector/gunsmith. You know that a good many members of this BBS do not live in the USA. You may not know that even accessing such information accidentally on the net is enough to get somebody in trouble with the authorities in some countries. This isn't an excuse to bash. It is a legitimate concern about the appropriateness of this post on an international forum.

Quote Neil

Please participate in the website activities as much as you are able (without giving up too much of your valuable shop time, that is). This is an interactive website designed for you to communicate with us and with other machinists around the world. Let us know how you like it and how we might be able to improve it.
                            Neil Knopf
                            Editor
                            (my emphasis)

Since this BBS is intended for an international audience it is only reasonable not to describe activities that are illegal in nearly all other countries.

As for me bashing someone, that's funny coming from you. Short memory eh?

Also, your "inquiry" was not an inquiry. It was a complaint. There are plenty of threads on this BBS that I never open or read as the apparent content doesn't interest me. I suggest you develop the same habit.
                            Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

You know that such gun work is illegal in most countries including here if you aren't a grandfathered collector/gunsmith. You know that a good many members of this BBS do not live in the USA. You may not know that even accessing such information accidentally on the net is enough to get somebody in trouble with the authorities in some countries. This isn't an excuse to bash. It is a legitimate concern about the appropriateness of this post on an international forum.
                              Thats all your problem, we dont live under your laws. Knowing the laws of your land is your resposiblity and so is obeying them.

We know what the laws are.

U.S. Constitution: Second Amendment
                              A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Comment

This isn't a debate about the right to bear arms. It's about what is appropriate content for a forum read around the world with members in many countries. Doc started out by criticizing my fabrication work as inappropriate for this BBS. I am pointing out that this is far less appropriate.

Also, let me remind Doc of what it says on the masthead of the web site here:

I would say that the part circled in red includes fabrication.
                                Last edited by Evan; 08-23-2007, 01:12 AM.
                                Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Working...
                                X