This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six minus three equals...?

In an effort to bring the signal-to-noise ratio back up a bit, here's another project I did late last winter. Some of you may remember the first one I did, which was also cutting a 6" down to 3".

In the first one I used the front half, in order to save the machined-in-place front sight. This time, that wasn't possible due to the barrel profile, forcing me to come up with a way to move the sight back.

After a bit of contemplation, here's how I did it:

Cont'd next post.
    Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

Cont'd next post.

Comment

Cont'd next post, again...

Comment

Doc.

Comment

That sort of work sure looks like fun, Doc!

Best,

BW
          ---------------------------------------------------

http://www.cnccookbook.com/index.htm
          Try G-Wizard Machinist's Calculator for free:
          http://www.cnccookbook.com/CCGWizard.html

Comment

Probably quite a handfull and a bit of muzzle blast with full house loads. Nice job.

Comment

Doc Nice piece of engineering although I know nothing about guns I can see your quite an engineer.Regards Alistair
              Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

I bet that sonofabitch Barks with 44 Mag.shells.

Comment

ok, kinda ot here, but...

has vp ever given thought/ been asked to do a gunsmithing mag???

i dont know if there would be enough intrest for it, but i know for sure id subscribe from the first issue.

for the most part, my favorite articles are the gunsmithing ones in mw

Comment

Hmm. Not much balance in this post as far as home shop machining in Canada goes. While the ownership of pistols is still legal here it is illegal to modify a pistol to have a barrel less than 4.1 inches long.

I think posting information describing activities that are a felony offense is quite a bit more objectionable than my posts of metal fabrication.
                    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Doc,

First off, very nice work. I own 2 small caliber hand guns (.22 and 7mm) and have never fired a big caliber hand gun, how does cutting the barrel down affect the overall balance? is it harder to handle? and what about the accuracy?

Jack
                      jack

Comment

Pistol mod

Evan
                        I'm sorry you live in a totalitarian state and glad that I don't.
                        I, for one, enjoyed the post and the fine workmanship.
                        Tomorrow I am going to finish parkerizing my second 50 caliber machine gun.
                        Have fun up there.
                        Bill
                        I cut it off twice and it's still too short!

Comment

It's less totalitarian than the USA. We still have firearms.

We also have the freedom to travel and return at will. Too bad you can't say the same, at least not if you want to get back in again.

Comment

Evan, Since when did you get a Prescription for Grumpy Pills?

Go build something else, and Please, if it is not machinist oriented,don't be surprised if you get flamed.

Comment

It works both ways. This board has a lot of members from outside the US.

Comment

Working...
                              X