Small Hydraulic Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Hydraulic Systems

Anyone know of links to various hydraulic mechanisms or systems? I'm thinking of something that is manually operated, not driven by a pump. Thanks.

I just spent a bit of time searching out the same topic for making a bandsaw hydraulic cylinder but no luck. What you want may be available at Tractor Service Supply. I found a fairly informative brochure there some time ago.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

These Guys will help.

http://www.surpluscenter.com/

Comment

Small hydraulic systems...?

Do you mean small non-powered hydraulic systems....? We might also call them hydro-static systems.
        Yes there are a few around for various purposes, but if you are trying to move or control anything with any force or precision, there are difficulties.
        I recall a local company that spent years & $$$ trying to develope a hydrostatic, manual marine steering gear....this was to replace the usual Teleflex type cable systems used on boats all over the place.
        Leakage & the slight compressability of oil are two factors to consider for precision control, as is the input power vs. actuation force required.
        Hope that gives you a start...
        Rick

Comment

Working...
        X