Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'd probably pay for a pic of you on that pocket..just for the laugh

scott
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment" R.M.Brown

My shop tour www.plastikosmd.com

Comment

Scott:

It's not the highest on the priority. BUT> I will post a picture when I get it running. The motor/clutch I had been saving for a minibike is too tall. It is a vertical engine I need a horizontal one, hopefully a small jap motor with trans.

OUR Union President Chattanooga Ibew, well.. He weighs about 370 and is a good bit taller than my 6'1" I offered to buy him one of the trick bicycles if I could get a picture of him on it. You know the ones with the 4" tires?
      Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Hey Dave, ya did a good job on the flames.

I would also pay a lil cash to see you ride the pocket rocket.

Ya got a paypal account. Im in for five bucks. Get enough donations ya may be able to fund the PR project.. JRouche

Oh, it has to be a youtube video too, I want action shots!!!
        My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

all that i ask is a pic from the front or the side..that will do...no plumber shot...
          "Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment" R.M.Brown

My shop tour www.plastikosmd.com

Comment

Deth:

I have thought of spraying bedliner on the gas tank. IT has been stood on. THE gas cap is messed up along with a rusty hole in the bottom of it from sitting. A gas filler neck is $170 from my supplier, I found a radiator supply in California where they are less than $20. I may rig up a bead roller to fit the lathe and make some. The black tail section was supposed to blend into the black paint, but the HOK clear, kicks a lot brighter than the factory shine.

The bike is a thrill bike, not worth a lot of money, not worth a lot of effort. THOU in a few years?? We had a nice 70's LTD KZ1000 I could not get $1500 for. I think Bobby finally traded it for something. I got my mechanic money in burnouts out of it. The swing arm bushings were so shot, it'd turn during accel. There is ounces of Adrenalin in that first 50 feet.

I get nervous about welding up a gas tank that has been used. A jeep tank, years ago blowed up three times while I was patching a hole. ALL the caved in dents in the bottom were blowed out.. Perhaps a neat way to straighten up the "stood" on dents on top of the tank? I had hooked a exhaust pipe on a car to it, thinking the carbon Monoxide would keep the thing from popping. Argon purge is the best.
            Last edited by Dawai; 09-03-2007, 06:43 AM.
            Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Zx11?

That looks more like an 86 ZX1000-A1
              "the ocean is the ultimate solution"

Comment

It sure ain't no roadking..

I think it is a 89 or 90 model, Was told it was a zx11, I know american bikes, even thou I started out on the japanese 750-4s..

I never checked the frame numbers or engine. (I know the guy real well I got it from) It has parts off three different bikes on it's fairing, the center section was made partially with bondo. When it comes back off. I'll probably reinforce it with some tube and more fiberglass. It was a bag of splinters at one time.

That is, if it cranks and runs okay when I repair the tank.. if not, it's yard art till someone needs parts. (something else to mow around?) I watched "Talledage nights" last night, I kinda understood when the kid was hollering over and over, "I just wanna go fast".. I've been down to look at the Haybusa's now three times, once with money. I think it is just a phase, thou I am not sure yet. The Harley is neat, rides real smooth, but I am jealous of the guys doing a wheelie at 80+... (no this kawa will not do that) Perhaps some burnout time? It's cheap and relative worthless.
                Last edited by Dawai; 09-03-2007, 04:30 PM.
                Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

David, I have a good set of stock exhaust pipes for a ZX11 they ought to be worth $50 plus shipping.If interested.

Comment

If you got a pile of gas tanks we can cut the cap and filler out of I am interested.

I got one tank rolled out on the english wheel, THIS one is fu-bar'ed on the top.

Perhaps I can find the place in California that sells them.. it was a radiator shop.
                    Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

I have a harley tank thats beat to piss, the guy said there was a 12 v fuel pump in there, and it was free.

Comment

IO:

that fuel pump I bet is pricy.. check ebay. A ecm computer for a 2001 is $1200, aftermarket is $850 but has USB port. It has a big oval port in the middle of the tank to access it.

I'd appreciate the filler neck if you can figure a way to get a hunk out without getting french fried. I have found them for $29.50 in California. Screw in HD cap style.

That might make this KAWA run backwards???? I had a yamaha ring ding I was playing with the timing on, it did.. as good in reverse as forward was..
                        Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Are you in a hurry for it?

Comment

hmm.. motorcycle is running great, summer weather, I got about twenty things going in the shop.. No hurry..

THE Midwest catalog lists a filler bung for $55.. there is gas tanks there almost that cheap, I gave $80 for the set of flat back fatbobs and it had two, one left thread one right.

I wonder how they form them? anybody got a clue? I'd think of a tap and die arrangement >>??
                            Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

In 88 kawasaki went with the ZX10, the first bike to have down draft carburators and aluminum parimeter frame.

The motor in your bike is basically the same motor that was used in the Concours for 20 sumthin years with only a camshaft change and the addition of a drive shaft.
                              "the ocean is the ultimate solution"

Comment

Running the numbers? It came back with a 1985 zx1000 (somebody hit that on the head)... and that changes things quite a bit, with all kinds of unseen consequences. I got the front brakes up, the back ones and hyd clutch won't pump up yet. I got a trick.. I got a vacuum pump that used to work with air conditioners. It'll draw a air bubble 20 feet and leave the fluid.

I posted a ad on Craigslist, got more responses from kids wanting their bikes painted than over the old kawa.

There is about twenty siezed and or wrecked haybusa's in the insurance yards locally. three or four would make one a aggressive man could not run out of parts for a few months.
                                Last edited by Dawai; 09-04-2007, 09:02 AM.
                                Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Working...
                                X