No announcement yet.

FUN, painted to match, pocket bike and ZX11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flames look good Dave, exactly the way i would imagine them on an object that was re-entering the atmosphere

I really like your CRX, had two, brings back memories, how I still have a drivers license is beyond my comprehension, I was almost always in the tripple digits and never got caught...

Comment

David, in the pic you posted on like the second page, what HD is that is the background on the right? Looks like a shovel head to me.
      John B

Comment

Thought you was up north of me JR45...

That is my brothers evo softail, he is painting here. His first Harley, he is taking all the pains from spray on bondo to his special kind of anal retentive worry about everything, *can you tell he is my brother by that statement?

Conditions here to paint are primitive to say the least, I got fender stands, he told me they are not good enough, he wants to hang them up to do the bottom sides. It bugs the heck out of me with them swinging.

He's a good brother, when he was about four we used him for a squirrel dog, he'd run around the tree to make the squirrel stick his head around our side so we'd get a shot and something to eat. He still has fond memories of Squirrel dumplings, we had to sift the bugs out of the flour to make them. He had a rough time, I ran off and left him with a mean drunk stepfather, then he went to desert storm and worked till he passed out on shift. Good mechanics get used up.

House of Kolor paint is the most forgiving of any paint you can use.. you can have mosquitos in it, leave them there, sand out thier lil feet.. don't you dare try to fish him out cause your piggies are bigger than his feet. The neighbor, he started mowing once while I was shooting clearcoat.. I was so mad, it's harder to sand out grass clippings.
        Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Naw David, I've been down here close to the swamps close to 20 years now. Your brother seems to have adopted you "quality" when it comes to doing a job right. Nice looking sled. I've wanted to get another one, but......... if I did, I know it would end up killing me or, at a minimum, hurting me real bad. Had my day, rode lot's of miles, plus the other insanity that went along with that lifestyle, but these days, I just remember them and when ever a scooter goes by the house my heart pumps a tad faster.
          John B

Comment

This is scarlett red over black primer, took the whole quart to cover it. House of Kolor KBC19 over Kirker black epoxy primer, added in Rainbow metalflake in first coat. Gun setting 26psi, Devibiliss Finish Line 3 HVLP. ($100 gun) Looks burnt orange to me in the sunlight. I have looked at it so much I see spots.

Clearcoat tip? just as soon as the edge stops pulling stringers when you touch it? Like hot bubble gum? shoot another coat, they all bond, shoot it wet, good paint lays down and smoothes itself.

I got near $100 in this paintjob. Not real happy with the way it turned out offshade, but it is on a bike that is for sale and color does not matter as much as shiny does.

this was all junk bottom of the cans mixed together, turned out better huh?
            Last edited by Dawai; 09-13-2007, 06:08 PM.
            Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Working...
            X