Motor guru help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor guru help

I've looked everywhere. Maybe one of you guys can help. I'm looking for a shielded, 3.3 shaded pole electric motor. 115 volts, 60hz 1725 rpm. I can find a lot of 1550 rpm motors , but no 1725. We use these at work for pumps that distribute locktite.
    Any hepl would be appreciated.

1550 and 1725 is the same thing, with more slip.

The nature of the shaded pole motor is to have a lot of slip, they are commonly used for fans.

There are some other details of shaded pole that I know I should be remembering, but ..............

In any case, the basic synchronous speeds are 3600, 1800, 1200, 900, etc. Close speeds, like 1725, 1140, etc, are indicative of slip in regular induction motors.

Are you sure the one you want is shaded pole? Must be a small pump.

It does make sense, due to the pump being somewhat similar to a fan. Complete shutoff of flow might not bother a shaded pole as much as others. Often the SP motors can be totally stalled without overheating, since they can be "impedance protected".

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

Comment

I think that 1550 is running a standard 60Hz motor on 50Hz. IMO if you want 1550 exact you would have to use a well controlled dc motor or vfd drive three phase motor.
      re
      Herm Williams

Comment

1800 x 5/6 is 1800-300, or 1500rpm synchronous speed.

So 1550 is above the 50 Hz speed.

Keep eye on ball.
        Hashim Khan

Comment

Working...
        X