Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Post Script to"OT Who is/was most famous Machist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Post Script to"OT Who is/was most famous Machist?

I started this 11 page topic back on 7-19 with a suggestion that John Dillinger might qualify. RPease suggested that although he might"... have modified his weapons and maybe made some improvements , but I hardly think
    that qualifies him as a machinist."
    I'm quoting a book written by Dary Matera titled "The Life and Death of America's First Celebrity Criminal", Dillinger was employed in a mechanic's position at James P. Burcham's Reliance Specialty Company, a machine shop in SW Indianapolis for a period of four years. I believe the term mechanic and machinist at that time period would be somewhat interchangeable. A later reference in the book mentions his enjoying operating a screw machine.
    Not picking on you , RPease, just providing some reference
    For what it is worth...
    Last edited by recoilless; 09-13-2007, 06:17 PM.
    I bury my work

A latere reference in the book mentions his enjoying operating a screw machine.

well it sure did screw him up ...that's for sure ...lol

all the best.mark

Comment

Originally posted by recoilless
      A later reference in the book mentions his enjoying operating a screw machine. ...
      Huh. I thought in his day he thought the banks were the screw machines. These days it must be the credit card companies.
      "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

Are you sure that isn't a referance to the woman? He was known as a ladies man right?

mark61

Comment

The lady in RED?

Comment

Working...
          X