OT: Some pictures to remember.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Some pictures to remember.

I know this is ot as hell but knowing this bunch I think you'll be interested.

Checking out this guys RV'ing site I noticed these pics.

http://www.picturetrail.com/sing4mi click on "pics to remember"

I seriously doubt he took all these pictures. If per chance he did, I'd want to know where he was before I ever step foot on an aircraft again !!
    Last edited by Your Old Dog; 09-19-2007, 06:11 AM.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Here is one also.

http://shock.military.com/Shock/vide...7&ESRC=navy.nl

Comment

I love the one in the hanger showing a close encounter of the propellor kind.

Here are a few:

Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Big WOW to all of them...

Comment

The RVer's picture showing an ejection was a Thunderbird pilot a couple years back at Idaho. Set his base altitude reference too low for the airfield, took off pulling into a climb, going inverted and then pulling the nose down to loop back towards the take off point. With wrong setting, he did not have sufficient altitude to avoid the ground on the bottom of the loop. Was his last flight as an Air Force pilot, although he survived without injury. Picture was taken by some one in the control tower.
          Jim

Comment

How many people "ate it" on the ground?

Comment

If I was ever asked to define an "Action Shot" my definition would be that of the small plane hitting the pickup truck and the guy beating feet, last one in the Pics to remember.

Comment

If I had to put my $20 bet down I'd say the Cessna, the Air France and the American Airlines shots are some pretty creative work with Photoshop.

Steve.

Comment

The Thunderbird crashed on the far side of the runway from the spectators. Only the F-16 and the pilot's job were lost.

Note: there is a video of the complete sequence somewhere on the Internet. I have a copy, but no way to post it.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Ken_Shea
                    If I was ever asked to define an "Action Shot" my definition would be that of the small plane hitting the pickup truck and the guy beating feet, last one in the Pics to remember.
                    Look again, there are TWO guys. I'd love to know the story behind that one.

Comment

Originally posted by JimH
                      The Thunderbird crashed on the far side of the runway from the spectators. Only the F-16 and the pilot's job were lost.

Note: there is a video of the complete sequence somewhere on the Internet. I have a copy, but no way to post it.

Jim

Very lucky, but how does a chute do any good that close to ground? would think the pilot would lose more than just his job...

Comment

Originally posted by john hobdeclipe
                        Look again, there are TWO guys. I'd love to know the story behind that one.
                        There are two, missed that.
                        Presuming it is not a fake and that no was killed, sure would love to see the expression on the pilots face.

Comment

Looks to me like drug runners in the desert!
                          Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Ken_Shea
                            Is it just an optical illusion or does the guy running really have about 10 feet of elevation? LOL He looks like a cartoon character beating feet!
                            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                            Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer
                              Very lucky, but how does a chute do any good that close to ground? would think the pilot would lose more than just his job...
                              Zero-zero ejection seat system. The plane can be sitting still on the ground and the seat will eject high enough to reliably open the chute. The pilot will still get a hard landing, maybe break a leg or compression fracture of spine, but better than otherwise. The plane I worked on initially had 100-100 seats. Needed 100 knots speed or 100 feet altitude for a safe ejection.
                              Instead of the earlier explosive charge in a cylinder and piston they now use short-burn rocket motors.
                              Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
                              ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

Working...
                              X