Project takes a turn...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project takes a turn...

My wife is beginning to think that I engineer things just to take my projects to another level...because I like to spend money. This whole issue with the plasma cutter table making such a mess has led me to more building. Big surprise?...Not so much. I have landed on a dust collector that will serve the purpose. Now the thought of listening to that collector run is far more annoying than listening to the compressor run in the shop. So.....what I need is a nice little lean-to add on shed ...out back of the shop. Simple enough...I can just construct a nice 6'x8' shed out back and move the dust collector and the compressor out there. I will route a new supply line to the compressor head from outside just to make sure that the dust collector doesn't feed any dust to the pump. I can't wait to finish this little project. The thought of being able to work in the shop or talk on the phone with out the compressor running will be wonderful. I have a couple jobs waiting for me once I am done. One will require about 1700 cut pieces the other will be about 10,000 pieces. It is in my best interest to get crackin' on things...jobs don't wait forever. Guess I better get on the business end of a shovel ...there is concrete to pour!

Cheers
    Mac.

What's the building going to cost?

THE V4 compressor from Eaton is so quiet you can talk on the phone in the same room with it running. $1500? a real 7 1/2hp, a 10hp pump with larger pulley turning slower.

That damn water bleed-solonoid timer makes me near wet myself everytime it kicks and blows air thou.

Painted all day long with it today.
    Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Oh you are going to like having the noise outside! My 5hp Quincy compressor is on a slab out behind the garage with a lean to built over it. I have the 120 gal horizontal tank and controls inside the garage with a calculated length of pipe run to allow much condensation to drop out before the compressed air hits the filter/regulator with dissicant container attached. I can paint all day without noise.......pg

Comment

Working...
      X