Precision Mathews Machinery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Precision Mathews Machinery

I'm not familiar with this manufacturer, and was wondering if anyone can shed some light on it in general, and specifically how it compares to some of the more common Chinese machinery such as Grizzly's or Harbor Freight's. A couple of the items I'm looking are the PM1236 lathe and the PM939 mill.

My interest is piqued due to the seller offering "Free Shipping anywhere in the US". Being in Alaska, I always look for the fine print that says "except Alaska and Hawaii". That doesn't seem to be the case here though.

Thanks in advance,
    Paul

Paul,

I've visited Quality Machine Tools in Pittsburg (the owner / seller of Precision Matthews Machinery). The owner, Matt Nadeja, is a terrific guy. He'll bend over backwards to help you and stands behind his machines.

When I was there in March, he was sold out of most of the lathes that he typically sells. I did look at one of his PM1440 lathes, and overall, it looked like a decent quality machine. It's certainly wasn't a Hardinge, but it was nicer than most Grizzly machines of similar size.

He did have some of the smaller lathes, but I didn't look at those as I was mainly interested in larger machines.

If you have questions, you can call him or email him. He will typically respond within a day or so.

btm

Comment

Are you aware of the yahoo group for this size/type lathe?

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/12x36importlathes/

......there have been a few purchases from Matt at PMM by some of the members and, Matt is a member and has written a couple times about how his machines differ from the others.
      If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something........

Comment

Perhaps hwingo will report back after he gets his:

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showthread.php?t=25505

Comment

Thanks fellas.

I was not aware of the Yahoo group.

there have been a few purchases from Matt at PMM by some of the members and, Matt is a member and has written a couple times about how his machines differ from the others.
          I looked at the archives, but best as I could tell, the only way to search them is to go through them one by one.

I'll look it up and keep track.

Thanks again,
          Paul

Comment

Working...
          X