Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT/ Raising water pressure on a jet pump.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT/ Raising water pressure on a jet pump.

Hey guys! I figure there must be quite a few of you here who live in the bush and have your own water wells. This place has a fairly shallow well (30 ft) and the last owner just put in a new 3/4 hp jet pump. The water pressure sucks. I asked him what he set the pressure at and he looked at me real funny. Didn't have a clue what I meant. I've done this a few times years ago but I can't remember how it's done. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
    Thanks!
    Russ
    I have tools I don't even know I own...

There is a pressure switch mounted on the line,If you open the switch there are 2 threaded rods. A small one and a big one turn the nut on the bigger one to get the pressure up...I wouldn't go over 50 pounds..

Comment

Thanks! Once daylight hits I'll have to send the missus out to fix that I'll stand on the porch and beller directions at her...
      I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

The large nut controls the cutoff pressure only. The small nut controls cut on and cut off.

Make sure your bladder tank is not waterlogged. If the pump cycles constantly it is.

Mine is set for 45psig on and 60psig off. Bladder tank pressure is 40psig

P.S. if you have any filters inline make sure they are not loaded. If so replacing them will fix your pressure problem most likely.
        Jim, By the river enjoying life...

Comment

Working...
        X