latest projects - i finally put it into a web page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• latest projects - i finally put it into a web page

yeah, the page is pretty crappy, but you get the idea.

http://home.ptd.net/~hamrdog/project_m.htm

i'll clean it up as i post more items there.

andy b.
    The danger is not that computers will come to think like men - but that men will come to think like computers. - some guy on another forum not dedicated to machining

Hey hey! Pictures. You da man!

Project looks like fun. Sounds like it may compete with some Sherman tanks the way you're putting it together! My threading is about on par with yours but your welding looks better by far
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Originally posted by Your Old Dog
      Hey hey! Pictures. You da man!

Project looks like fun. Sounds like it may compete with some Sherman tanks the way you're putting it together! My threading is about on par with yours but your welding looks better by far
      my welding has improved considerably in the past year or so. i've been doing more welding, plus i got the real MIG conversion for the welder (previously i was using the flux core wire). some days the welds look awesome (if i do say so myself), and other days i seem to be off a bit (well, i am always off a bit, but i mean in terms of welding).

i'm hoping my threading capabilities also improve over time.

my biggest problem is some chattering that affects the finish of the cut. it will take some time for me to figure out the correct combination of speeds and feeds, as well as how to properly grind the cutting tools. the next time the cut starts chattering, i'll have to get a photo of the workpiece, the cutting tool, and the position of the tool (where it is in relation to the centerline).

andy b.
      The danger is not that computers will come to think like men - but that men will come to think like computers. - some guy on another forum not dedicated to machining

Comment

Working...
      X