Lost Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Plans

A while back I downloaded some plans off of one of the Yahoo machioning groups for a taper turning attachment. Instead of saving them to disc I had just printed them. Well, the wife cleaned out the office and you'll never guess what happened. The plans were old Model Engineer articles IIRC. Doas any body have any idea what Yahoo Group might of had the plans. I've looked and I can't find them.
    Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.

SD,
    problems then I'm afraid.
    The new owners of ME and MEW, Magicalia, got a bit heavy handed and forced the owners of the various Yahoo groups to take any ME articles off.
    This is why you can't find them.

Do you have any clues on who the article was by, rough year etc ?
    I have all the ME's from 1943 up to 2000 so I can recopy them if you have an idea.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

I know where the PDF's can be found. If you can give me a better idea of the title or author and/or the date, I might be able to help...
      "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

IIRC the unit was built to fit one of the Emco model lathes. Which one ??????? I do remember that the unit mounted to what I think was the mounting surface for the mill attachment. That would make it one of the MaxiMats I think.

Bummer about the ME articles getting pulled. they were a gold mine of ideas.
        Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.

Comment

I know which one you're talking about Spin.
          "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

I've sent you a post requesting your email address.

edited:
            Sorry Spin, (upon reading the rest of the thread) most of mine are older. I don't think anything I have deals with the Emco lathe.
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Working...
            X