cane i made on my wood and my metal lathe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cane i made on my wood and my metal lathe

took me the last 3 days but its done and ready to ship to its new owner now ,i hope he is impressed as iam with it..used me wood lathe and metal lathe to make it

EDIT: weighed it in this morrning its 14 ounces and 36 inches long the pic makes it look fat and short

Last edited by airsmith282; 11-17-2007, 10:47 AM.

cane,,,

Good looking Cane Airsmith!!

Now if i had one of those i,d need a "Top Hat" and of course a BIG cigar!

Ray in N. Ont.

Did you find out any more "History" on that Small lathe you posted about awhile ago??

Comment

no i never found out more realy but i also traded it off to a buddy of mine for a big wood lathe he had ,so no iam able to make bowls and canes and plates and all kinds of cool stuff now, well my wife will be lol i prefer my metal munching

Comment

Nice CLUB!! I mean walkin stick.. Any hidden compartments or daggers? JRouche
        My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

nope no hidden stuff inside the cane, nice idea heheheh,

Comment

I mad one similar a long time ago, the difference is mine shot 12 gram co2 capsules , they were held in with a snug fit and a spring loaded striker pierced the end and it shot out the end with a whooosh and a Thud when it hit. Not lethal but it would make you think twice about any wrong doing to the holder.

Comment

now thats a cool idea care to share the design id like to make me one of thoes

Comment

Nice work. One of the advantages of a cane is it's the one weapon that you can take anywhere. I made one for myself a while back, partly because I need it sometimes. We have an enormous very old juniper tree and I cut a branch from it a decade ago. Last year I finished the wood into a cane, a western rustic, this being a cow town. Juniper is a beautiful wood with a very nice aroma when it is worked. It's really hard though to find a piece large enough to make anything from.

Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Evan thats a really nice cane i love the wood grain in the wood as well , very well done..

Comment

Long Evan Silver me heartiesAlistair
                    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Originally posted by airsmith282
                      now thats a cool idea care to share the design id like to make me one of thoes
                      It is a very simple design, if you are older than 15 you can figure it out.

A tube, a spring, a nail,and a prayer.

Comment

does iam 39 count

Comment

Originally posted by IOWOLF
                          It is a very simple design, if you are older than 15 you can figure it out.

A tube, a spring, a nail,and a prayer.

be careful if you build one (or at least if you take it anywhere). i am fairly certain it would be illegal in some states/localities in the U.S. i don't know about the rest of the world.

andy b.
                          The danger is not that computers will come to think like men - but that men will come to think like computers. - some guy on another forum not dedicated to machining

Comment

Concealed weapons of that sort are prohibited in Canada. It's a federal offense.
                            Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

i was only kidding around guys i know the laws very well in canada iam not some stuiped kid that dont know anything i keep my self out of problems thank you ..

Comment

Working...
                              X