New Shop Toys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Shop Toys

Picked up a few new items for the shop. Most of these needed to be rescued from the leaky barn they were in. All have at leasr slight surface rust, one has a Hardinge collet stuck in it. But he made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

If any body recognizes this one, any information you could help me with would be appreciated.

Currently working on this Dividing Head. Have it fully disassembled on the bench now.

Here is another mystery grinding tool. Takes a Hardinge collet and looks to be an end mill sharpening fixture of unknown manufacture

1 & 3 are work heads for a t&C grinder, 2 is obviously some sort of indexing device but i don't recognize it

Comment

Thanks

#2 is a L-W Dividing head. Pretty stout construction too. It was a bit of a challenge disassembling, but every thing is cleaning up nicely. No chipped teeth.

Yes #1 & 3 are grinding tooling. That is what I went shopping for when I started this tool binge. Was hoping some one would recognize them and give me a clue as to who the manufacturer was and or any information about them.

#1 is real interesting because it has 2 axis and uses Hardinge collets. "I think" the 'T' slot on top is to hold a guide to turn things like end mills for sharpening. Now the small 'T' slot table in front - I don't have a clue. Also as how to work the 2 indexing pieces on the back of the spindle would be nice to know. All I can see is when you turn them, only some slots line up. I "guess" like if you were to be sharpening 2,4, or 6 flute end mills

#3 also uses Hardinge collets, but is made of cast aluminum. It has the 1 axis and sits parallel to the work table. Feels smooth but it is no air bearing fixture that is for sure

Comment

# 1 looks like old Cincinnati work head gor grinder . #3 has a KOLee look about it Work head for grinder . #2 nice big dividing head looks L&W are Carroll.
        Every Mans Work Is A Portrait of Him Self
        http://sites.google.com/site/machinistsite/TWO-BUDDIES
        http://s178.photobucket.com/user/lan...?sort=3&page=1

Comment

Thanks Lane

Good call on #3. It does indeed look to be the K.O. Lee, Radial Grinding fixture. I've already down loaded the instructions and parts list.

K.O. Lee Radial Grinding Fixture

and yes indeed you are very correct on #2 as well. Here is a photo of the other side.

I already have the instructions and parts list from another forum

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by JoeFin
            Was hoping some one would recognize them and give me a clue as to who the manufacturer was
            lol, thought you meant they were a freeebie but weren't sure what they were. you are obviously well ahead of me

Comment

T&C grinder accessories

Originally posted by JoeFin
              Picked up a few new items for the shop. Most of these needed to be rescued from the leaky barn they were in. All have at leasr slight surface rust, one has a Hardinge collet stuck in it. But he made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

If any body recognizes this one, any information you could help me with would be appreciated.

Currently working on this Dividing Head. Have it fully disassembled on the bench now.

Here is another mystery grinding tool. Takes a Hardinge collet and looks to be an end mill sharpening fixture of unknown manufacture

Hi JoeFin.

I think I can best show you what those T&C grinder accessories are for by posting links about my T&C grinder (Chinese - but top job).

The pics are self-evident and I think you'll have no problem.

The bases are pretty common to most accessories. It should not be too difficult to make something similar to do the job.

http://www.chitseng.com/product2.htm

http://www.chitseng.com/product5.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Mcgyver
                lol, thought you meant they were a freeebie but weren't sure what they were. you are obviously well ahead of me
                LOL - about all I knew at the time I got them was I wanted them. I knew they were grinding heads but that was about it

oldtiffie - Thanks for the assistance

I'm really trying to gather a copy of the factory manuals for these items. Thanks to all the help I've recieved, I have the manuals on the L-W Dividing head, and the K.O. Lee Radial Grinding Head (#3), but can't seem to find any thing on what is looking like a Cincinnati Radial work head.

Hopefully after I soak this thing in diesle for a week or 2 and wheel off the rust some numbers will show up.

Comment

Working...
                X