$92.00 Machine Tool Reconditioning book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $92.00 Machine Tool Reconditioning book

Crossthreaded and anyone else who wants to purchase this book.

RE: I suppose I will invest the $92 for "Machine Tool Reconditioning" at some point.
    I have been looking at this book for someti-me. I see where there is a 25% price reduction in Home Shop Machinist if you purchase 20 or more. Thats $23 bucks off!! Lets see if we can get just 18 more people together and buy at least 20 and get them for $69.00 What do you say?

Regards, Ken

Ken
    I'd take one for $69 if you can get enough people together.

Chris

Comment

I'm in. Anybody out there that can give us a review? I haven't even seen the ad.

Comment

Sounds like a good group buy, I'm in. I've been a part of a couple group buys on other lists and it is definately a powerful tool.

Comment

Gismo
          Machine Tool Reconditioning by Connelly is a very thorough treatis on hand scraping. The first half is definations and technique. The rest is testing the machines and why it's done in certain steps. It is well written and to the point. Good illustrations and pictures.
          Jim
          Jim

Comment

Jim,
            Can you or anyone tell me if this book has been revised over the years? ie does the latest edition differ from the original (1955, I think). I have seen a 1970's version for sale and wondered if the later versions (if there are any) are better. I guess if it has been revised, it may say so on the publication details page??
            Does the latest one have a hard cover?
            I would like to get a copy, but find the price very steep.

Comment

Peter,

My copy says 18th printing, 1991. No mention of new editions. The type and illustrations also look like about 1955 vintage.

Comment

Hey guy's
                I'm in for $69.00
                Heres my e-mail:
                [email protected]

Comment

Hi Guys,

Not counting Crossthreaded we have 8 people interested. Almost half way there! If everyone will ask their friends we should be able to get another 11 people (hopefully) w/in the next week or so. I will contact the publisher and try to get a "deal" on shipping. They are asking $6.75 S&H per book now! Then I'll find out the total cost to ship these books to me and then out to each of you. Book rate is the cheapest, I think, but if anyone wants their copy faster you'll have to add that to the book price. So post this on other BBS and we should be rolling very soon. I will post this on www.chaski.com.
                  I'll try to get the publisher to ship each book to you individually but I probably know the answer already! Hey, they can only say no and it never hurts to ask.

I'll be out of town this weekend but I'll check this BB ASAP when I return on Tuesday.

Have a nice Weekend, Ken

Comment

Hey- add me too!

Comment

I have wanted one for a LONG time, but was TOO CHEAP to spring for $92. I'll spring for the $69 plus shipping! Thanks!!

Comment

Great idea Ken,

Count me in too please. e-mail:

[email protected]

Comment

Count me in for the $69 deal...I sure can use the knowledge from this book.

The Old Tom

Comment

Hi All,

RE: "Machine Tool Reconditioning" by Edward F. Connelly for #92.95 plus $6.75 S&H.

I spoke with the publisher this AM and here is the best deal I could work out. They will drop ship so there will be no double shipping charges. It weighs 3.5 lbs. when packed for shipping and will be sent from Minnesota. They have over 1000 copies on hand so there will be no dealy on their end. All prices are in US$.

1) 20 people(+) $69.71 each book plus $6.75 S&H for USPS Priority Mail $5.00 S&H for Book Rate (1 to 2 weeks). They will also ship to Canada, Mexico, U.K., Europe, and the Pacific Rim for $9.00. I didn't ask about South America, Australia, New Zealand or Africa. I will persue that if anyone shows interest.

2) 40 people(+) $65.00 per book plus the S&H.

3) 60 people(+) $60.00 each plus S&H

4) 100 people $55.00 per book plus S&H

If we get more I will 1)have a stroke and 2) go back and renegotiate for a better price!
                            I think that the best thing to do is for everyone who really wants a copy to E:mail me at [email protected] Give me your name, address, phone no. (both day and evening if things go awray) and your E:mail address. Include how you want it shipped and where (which BB) you saw it on. I'm just really curious to see how far the internet reaches!

Today is August 30th. I think its best to put a time limit on these proceedings. I will take all names until the 15th of September. DO NOT SEND YOUR NAME IN UNLESS YOU ARE GOING TO BUY THE BOOK!!! If I get 65 replies and say so on some BB then only get 23 checks it looks like I'm ripping everyone off. This is strictly a non-profit venture!! I will let you know on the Home
                            Shop Machinist BB (General) and on the Chaski BB (Machine Tools) whenever we reach a milestone. On the 20th when I know the final price I'll ask for a Postal MO from all and wait until the 30th for them to arrive. This is sorta like the Army we'll all have to march in lock step. I can't think of a better way. If YOU can think of one please advise. Please don't ask me questions about the book per se. I have never even seen a copy! I just want one for a good price like you. You can contact the publisher directly at (651) 458-1540 (CST). Ask for Dan. He is a one man operation and does not have internet access so please be patient.
                            OK folks, I've done all that I can do. The ball is in your court!!

Regards, Ken

Comment

Hi All,

We just got the 20th person!

Ken

Comment

Working...
                              X