Small project pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small project pics

So, a buddy needed a part that he couldn't find anywhere. Since it's some kind of beer keg adapter I felt morally obligated to help out.

So...
    That piece on the right was actually two brass pieces that I machined to fit one another and then brazed together. He ASSURED me they were stainless Anyway, I should have taken a "before" pic, but oh well. He needed to get from that threaded nut on the bottom to the quick-disconnect fitting on top...

But...
    That spring loaded seal in the middle (poppet, I think) needs to bear up against something for the spring to create it's seal in that hole on top of the quick-disconnect... with the two pieces joined there was nothing for it to sit against...
    So, I machined this little plug to match the internal threads of the quick-disconnect (with a hole through it so the beer can flow).

I added those 4 recesses on the mill so it would accept a big phillips-head screwdriver:
    Last edited by Magee; 11-22-2007, 03:38 PM.

Fits nicely:

Comment

Hi Magee

Now thats nice !
      Mogens Kilde
      http://m_kilde.skysite.dk/

Comment

No greater glory can a man achieveth, than that which he earns when he donateh his time at lathe and mill so that the BEER may flow!
        Well done Magee! And have a happy and safe Thanksgiving.

Steve
        Steve
        NRA Life Member

Comment

Another success story. Nice job! This may qualify you as the "Food Grade" machining expert .

Frank

Comment

Working...
          X